Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Snacks

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ajamil
    Could it be the pesticides on the fruit?
    That was my first thought too. He might be able to test it by trying some organics.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

New thread? Nah....

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/12/...5441292009889/

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 10 (UPI) -- Scotland's national delicacy, haggis, will soon be available to American snack hounds in potato chip form, a North Carolina importer said.
    Great Scot International announced this week it would have Mackie's Haggis and Cracked Black Pepper chips on display at its booth at the annual Fancy Food Show in New York next month.
    "We know that flavors with a Scottish twist are popular because Haggis and Cracked Black Pepper is our best-selling flavor," Kirstin Mackie, managing director of Mackie's, said in a written statement.
    Haggis is the legendary blend of various sheep organs and parts traditionally simmered in a casing made of sheep stomach and served with great ceremony at holiday banquets and other festive Highland and Lowland occasions.
    Mackie said it was able to replicate the distinct flavor of haggis, which is described as "nutty," on chips along with a shot of pepper. The chips won Product of the Year at the 2010 Scottish Food and Drink Excellence Awards.

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits Adouglasmhor's Avatar

Yes | No

MACKIES make really good ice cream, vanilla, honeycomb, chocolate and raspberry ripple. Never tasted the crisps though.
    Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem

Yes | No

Can I get a Dim Sum entourage to follow me around? Because I think that would be lovely.

Thanks to my high metabolism, I typically snack on whatever is available.

A few of my neighbor's dogs have disappeared, but no one's figured it out yet.

Yes | No

Newly invented (as far as i know by me) new favorite late night snack. PB&J on the Griddle: 1) two slices of bread, buttered. 2. Take the butter sides and put them down, make sure they're buttered good cuz you'll lose some on the plate. Prepare PB&J as desired. In order to prevent all kinds of running and sloppiness, what I do is put PB on both slices of bread and put the jelly mostly in the middle, and make sure i press the edges of the sandwich together. 3. Once you put the bread back together you've now got a PB&J with butter on the outside duh. So what is one to do with it? 4. Fry it up in your griddle pan like a grilled cheese sandwich of course. Might wanna put some pam in that there pan just to prevent sticking. 5. Enjoy.
    "The whole trouble with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo Baggins(J.R.R. Tolkien)

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    nasreal has it right.
    This message is hidden because Lebell is on your ignore list.

Yes | No

Don't wanna burst your bubble, Nas, but Elvis used to love fried PB&Banana sammiches.

I'm a grilled cheese & tomato fan. Use muenster cheese and put in enough mayo to make it melty.... mmmmm.
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Yes | No

I seem to remember hearing that his "snack" sandwich was some unholy monstrosity made from an entire loaf of bread cut in half, and had pb, jelly, and bacon.
    "The whole trouble with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo Baggins(J.R.R. Tolkien)

nasreal has it right.
    This message is hidden because Lebell is on your ignore list.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

Yes | No

Flour Tortillas + 2 slices of cheddar or colby/jack + 1 slice of meat = pan seared (don't even need to add butter or oil or anything the tortillas usually won't stick) awesomeness

1 piece premium dark chocolate. I used to eat candy bars all the time, this is much healthier. Sometimes I'll break up a few pieces and mix with granola and other stuffs to make a cold-weather trail mix.

SMOOTHIES (see smoothie thread) because I definitely don't eat enough fruit in my diet

Thin style mexican tortilla chips + habanero mango salsa FTW!

Swedish Fish

Cake or chocolate brownies or chocolate chip cookies every now and again.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Froth View Post
    I seem to remember hearing that his "snack" sandwich was some unholy monstrosity made from an entire loaf of bread cut in half, and had pb, jelly, and bacon.
    It was called a Fool's Gold Loaf, and he first encountered it in some restaurant in Denver. I followed the recipe online once, but I couldn't finish eating the thing in one sitting.
    Last edited by Cullion; 1st January 11 at 05:53 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.