Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Farrah Fawcett: feathered hair never again will look so hot :*(

Yes | No

Sex RIP Farrah Fawcett: feathered hair never again will look so hot :*(

What a bummer, she was too young to die, but I guess it was inevitable...

'Charlie's Angels' actress Farrah Fawcett dies from cancer at 62

Actress Farrah Fawcett, whose layered blonde mane and ubiquitous swimsuit poster transformed the once-unknown "Charlie's Angels" star into a '70s icon, died Thursday.

The Texas-born Fawcett, 62, was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006 and chronicled her valiant fight for survival in a two-hour documentary.

Just days before her death, longtime love Ryan O'Neal said he hoped she would hang on long enough for them to wed.

"I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed," O'Neal, 68, told Barbara Walters in a "20/20" interview.

"As soon as she can say yes," he said. "Maybe we can just nod her head."

The former pinup traveled the world in search for a cure for her disease, allowing cameras to capture her treatment and inner thoughts.

"I know that everyone will die eventually, but I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive," she said.

"So I say to God, because it is, after all, in his hands: It is seriously time for a miracle."

By the time the documentary aired in May, Fawcett was gravely ill, too sick to attend her own premiere. And the miracle she prayed for never came.

Fawcett burst into the national consciousness during the Bicentennial, debuting in September 1976 as one of three gorgeous female investigators on "Charlie's Angels."

Derided as "jiggle TV," the show made Fawcett an instant star - and she bolted after one season for a movie career. Forgettable flicks like "Saturn 3" and "Sunburn" quickly followed.

A determined Fawcett bounced back, returning to television and earning three Emmy nominations for her dramatic work.

She produced and starred in 1984's "The Burning Bed," portraying a domestic violence victim. Her other Emmy nods came for "Small Sacrifices" in 1989 and "The Guardian" in 2001.

She also starred as a vengeful rape victim in the off-Broadway success "Extremities," reprising her role in the screen version. And Fawcett received kudos for her 1997 comeback role in "The Apostle," opposite Robert Duvall.

She was equally known for her bizarre off-screen exploits: An incoherent 1997 appearance with David Letterman, a violent fight with a spurned boyfriend the next year, and her stormy relationship with actor Ryan O'Neal.

Her 60th birthday party ended with O'Neal pulling a gun on his son Griffin.

Fawcett came to Hollywood from Corpus Christi, Texas. Her stunning looks and girl-next-door demeanor landed her a modeling gig within two weeks.

She also landed a husband: actor Lee Majors, "The Six Million Dollar Man." The pair split in 1982, with O'Neal replacing Majors as her on-and-off leading man.

It was her role as Angel Jill Monroe that cast Fawcett as a Hollywood pinup, a '70s version of Rita Hayworth or Marilyn Monroe.

A poster of Fawcett in a one-piece red bathing suit sold 12 million copies - adorning as many teen bedrooms.

The Letterman appearance, more than a decade old, remains a popular clip on YouTube. Fawcett was on the show promoting her second nude Playboy pictorial.

------------------------------------

Link.

An icon is gone. I will have to run out and buy a poster of her from her glory days, it is still not too late to expose the younger generation to the beauty and overall awesomeness of this lady. Though I am not as well versed in her work as I would like, she is one of the few women that I knew at a young age was real knock out. All my shallowness aside, RIP, Farrah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    Steve wasn't in CTC but he's one of us in spirit. I can't explain it.
    <3

SHARK FARTS!

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

the day that farrah fawcett died isn't ironic anymore

Yes | No

I think every red -blooded North American male who grew up in the seventies had that poster at one time or another.. Rest In Peace, Farrah.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    An icon is gone. I will have to run out and buy a poster of her from her glory days, it is still not too late to expose the younger generation to the beauty and overall awesomeness of this lady. Though I am not as well versed in her work as I would like, she is one of the few women that I knew at a young age was real knock out. All my shallowness aside, RIP, Farrah.
    Something about thinking about boning a chick who is now dead that really creeps me out.

Registered Member Supporting Member MrBadGuy's Avatar

Yes | No

Imagining her in the various stages of decay gets me all hot and bothered.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Something about thinking about boning a chick who is now dead that really creeps me out.
    It's not my fault you weren't born a red-blooded North American.
    <3

SHARK FARTS!

Yes | No

What a bummer, she was too young to die, but I guess it was inevitable...
    Wow. Death's inevitable?
    Good work, Steve.

Now do the one about taxes.
    Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost
    - Dante

Yes | No

I was talking abouy her battle with anal cancer. You just had to be the other asshole in this thread, didn't you?
    <3

SHARK FARTS!

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Wow. Death's inevitable?
    Good work, Steve.

Now do the one about taxes.
    This post made me LOL more than it should have. Good job.

Yes | No

It's not my fault you weren't born a red-blooded North American.
    I came here from a different country. By default that means I'm more American than you (or Phrost) can ever be.