Thread: so it turns out theocracies can do something right

Yes | No

Default so it turns out theocracies can do something right

An Ayatollah Dissents

A Farsi-speaking reader translates this article:
    Grand Ayatollah Sanei in Iran has declared Ahmadinejad's presidency illegitimate and cooperating with his government against Islam. There are strong rumors that his house and office are surrounded by the police and his website is filtered. He had previously issued a fatwa, against rigging of the elections in any form or shape, calling it a mortal sin.
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...-dissents.html

I'm going to take his word for it.

http://www.peykeiran.com/Content.aspx?ID=2153

this could be potentional good, but there is going to be a whole ton of suck before that. although I would pay to see Ahmadinejad's fance when he heard this.

Yes | No

This isn't Sistani. This guy is an ally of the reformers. But good for him.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

The Ayatollahs realize that the Iranian people are always one step away from revolution against them. That's why they continue to cultivate hatred for Israel and America, and why they will choose whoever they think will keep the people settled as the next president.
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?

Yes | No

NJM for the win.
    if i was christian i'd say: ZOMG jerusalem is in hands of the infadels!!!get ur swordz and lets pwnz0rs for G0d!!!!'

Lebell

Yes | No

I suspect most religious leaders would be pretty pissed Ahmedinijihad's administration pretty much undermined their power base. Expect to see Ahme make ultra-muslim gestures in public while he tries to consolidate his position in light of adversity. Most dudes with radical religious elements in their countries tend to try to subvert these movements with a "I'm a true xyzian too!". Mahatheir went on the hajj for example.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't get the wrong idea, I'd be worried about a government run by Iranian nationalist revolutionaries too.

But at least we'd be dealing with the real deal.
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?