Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney's First African-American Princess

Yes | No

Default Disney's First African-American Princess

This year Disney presents to us 'The Princess and the Frog' with its first African-American Princess - Tiana:

Okay, so I do somewhat understand the calls from people to pressure Disney to have more 'ethnic' princesses but as I read some of the backstory of the production and the changes that were made in order not to insult the African-American community, I began to see this as a colossal joke. Some examples including renaming the film from 'The Frog Princess' (as per the original fairytale) to 'The Princess and the Frog'. Changing her name from Maddy (Madeleine) to Tiana as Maddy somehow represented the slave history of Africans in America and so on. I'm sure someone will still manage to be insulted.

Worst of all is that Oprah Winfrey is in the cast. Could they find no other African American women to do the voice-over?

The Prince looks like a moron:

I have a lot more to say about the 'Princess' thing but I'll can it for now.
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

G-Off

Yes | No

Anyone watched the trailer? There was a black man strumming what looked like a lute in New Orleans and hopping around while singing.

I felt it was a little bit like watching a racist uncle try and be "with it" by talking about an acquaintance named Josť, but who ended up pronouncing his name "Joe-zay."

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

The Prince looks like every butt-pirate you post in your man-threads.

Yes | No

It is supposed to be set in the French Quarter of New Orleans (Disney's version). Voodoo included of course. That's going to be popular.

Yes | No

Can't feature the coloreds without voodoo. At least that's what old Walt used to say.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Only way this will work is if they make a big joke out of it ala Shrek, in that it is intended to be funny. Otherwise the whole project is made of Fail and Suck.

Oh, and of course she has to marry a white prince. What, a black prince isn't good enough or something?

Yes | No

Don't question the wisdom of one of the most successful and longest running plantations, boy!

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

And where the hell are the Asians? Latinos? Native Americans? Indians? Persians? Arabs? Jews?? What a load of shit.

I also find it atrocious that they would include bestiality in a movie for children.

Yes | No

It's only bestiality if there is insertion.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    And where the hell are the Asians? Latinos? Native Americans? Indians? Persians? Arabs? Jews?? What a load of shit.

I also find it atrocious that they would include bestiality in a movie for children.
    Asians = Mulan
    Native Americans = Pocahontas
    Latinos = covered in 'The Princess and the Frog'
    Persians/Arabs = Jasmine, Aladdin

Not doing too bad :)