Default Chicago Police Attack Gay Rights March

Early Reports Fresh from my Desk:

from: http://backalleyradio.typepad.com/ba...nvergence.html

and a little more here:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...ithout-warning

more as I get it

Text:

Police Brutality at Bash Back! Convergence

Just hours ago, a bunch of radical queers took to the streets in Boystown Chicago, singing chants and dancing to music being blasted through a boombox. Minutes after we started marching, cops showed up. We proceeded to march and wait for them to tell us to get out of the street. But they didn't. Instead they ran a police car into the back of the march, running over one person. Then they proceeded to run out of the cop cars with their weapons raised high and chase down whomever they could. Randomly picking some people out of the crowd, they beat them continuously, dragging them through the streets, pushing people down, etc, yelling faggots as they hit them.

As far as I could see 3 people were arrested, though it could have been four or five. The person who was run over by the police car was rushed to the hospital. Besides the fact that it is a clear case of police brutality, there are a few reasons why this was especially fucked up.

First of all. there were NO warnings at all. No sirens, no requests to get off the street. Just plain beatings and arrests.

Secondly, no one resisted, yet those targeted were being beaten and pushed around like they were.

Thirdly, this all took place in a completly public area at a very busy time of night. There were bystanders everywhere. Half the people that were chased down by the police were just neighborhood folk that were walking to or from downtown.

I don't know what to think or write about all this, but the Bash Back convergence starts back up tomorrow at 9am and I'm sure there will be plenty of good discussion.

Solidarity and good night.

Yes | No

/bias

I like to hear the whole story. This is just like watching any of the news networks... You display the info that fits your agenda, while anything else goes out the window.
    Last edited by Japuma; 31st May 09 at 05:00 PM.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Japuma630
    /bias
    /jackass

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa
    /jackass
    /mustache

Yes | No

/rumplestiltskins

Shawarma

Yes | No

Puma is correct in this case. You'd have to have been there to say what actually happened, although cops yelling slurs are inexcusable.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Puma is correct in this case. You'd have to have been there to say what actually happened, although cops yelling slurs are inexcusable.
    I would think the running somebody over with a police car part is where the objection should begin.

Regardless of any other factors, V-8 engines are not listed in the continum of force.

Yes | No

Maybe they thought that the gay man was in fact an SUV and were attempting a PIT maneuver?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Maybe they thought that the gay man was in fact an SUV and were attempting a PIT maneuver?
    The gender of the squished person has not yet been released

Yes | No

Doesn't matter, lesbian women look like men anyway.