Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Favorite Beer

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Yup, I live half a mile's walk from it. I'm at the edge of town, the brewery's in the town centre, just behind some old pubs. I work in Oxford and live in a country town 12 miles west.
    Last edited by Cullion; 10th May 09 at 09:51 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice beer - although their advertising can be somewhat provocative.

Spoiler:

Acupuncturist/BSN/AA-S Quikfeet509's Avatar

Yes | No

Something I've noticed about the "rarer" beers - if you go to a place that has many of them, at least half the time they taste better from the bottle. I'm not sure if the kegs are getting run through quickly enough, or if there is some process the kegs go through to get imported to the US, but it seems that many times, the bottle conditioned beer tastes better.

And, of course, is much cheaper.

For example, had Hobgoblin in the bottle, thought it was okay (5/10 - would drink it again if properly motivated), then I tried it on tap at two different places and it sucked big time - I sent it back the second time.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Cullion, you live by the Wychwood brewery? You lucky SOB. Hobgoblin ale is another one of my favorites.
    I'm surprised and pleased that you've heard of it and enjoyed our local brew. I never saw it before I moved to Oxford, and I only grew up about 100 miles away.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits Adouglasmhor's Avatar

Yes | No

Being a ninjer and their t-shirt offer being a cheap source of black t-shirts (half price wiiith 7 bottletops and free postage) I drink wychwood stuff pretty often . Often Goliath

Any of these

I do like there seasonal stuff, images and posters too.

Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem