Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

Acupuncturist/BSN/AA-S Quikfeet509's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I've been on a mixed drink kick for the past few months but I switch to Manny's Pale Ale when I've had enough hard A. It's good stuff.

I miss Manny's so I found a recipe to clone it.

Might do it during my week break from school, actually.

Acupuncturist/BSN/AA-S Quikfeet509's Avatar

Yes | No

Old Speckled Hen always makes a bit nervous. After all, most beer bottles are opaque because light can damage the beer...

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by fbat
    Now you have to send me some. :)
    PM me your location and we'll discuss it.

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

I love this stuff, silly though it sounds:

Also, Cheapyspoon's current Real Ale festival has the following hits in its range:

Yes | No

Tonight I am enjoying a pint of St. Peter's Organic English Ale. I don't really care about the organic part, although I'm sure it adds to the markup. It's the perfect balance of malt and hops that won me over. Everything from the St. Peter's Brewery that I've tried has been outstanding.

Truth be told, I'm a sucker for English ales.

Yes | No

God, that looks a cognac.

And by this, I mean: mmmmmm.
    "Even logical positivists are capable of love." - A.J. Ayer

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits Adouglasmhor's Avatar

Yes | No

The STpeter's stuff is all good to me too.

Had a Black Chocolate Stout from Brooklyn breweries yesterday ,Very nice. And a Cherry fruit beer from Samuel Smiths Tadcaster also sound.
    Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

My favourite beers, in no particular order are:-

Sam Smiths Pale Ale (it has a good flavour, and it's also nostalgic for me. It was my favourite beer in one of the pubs where I did a lot of my teenage drinking back where I grew up)

Woodeford's Norfolk Wherry, brewed at home with a little extra sugar to boost the strength to around 5.5-6%. It's got quite a pale colour if you're careful with the siphoning for the secondary fermentation.

Oranjeboom is a dutch lager with real flavour. I first discovered it on tap in a small hippy-run ancient pub in the small country town where I live.

Wychwood breweries is my local independent brewer. They're still in the old brewery building just behind the main street of pubs in the old market town where I live. Some mornings of the week, the whole town centre has a slightly sickly-sweet smell of cooking malt.

Everything they make which I've tried, I've enjoyed.
    Here are the two favourites:-

Hobgoblin Dark Ale

And their Green Goblin cider. It has a crisper, sharper taste than most other premium ciders I've tried. Definite green apples with a hint of oak. Pretty strong alcohol content, but not crazy.

ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

I was home on leave for the Kentucky Derby last weekend, so I made sure to drink regularly at the Bluegrass Brewing Company. I never get tired of their Bourbon Barrel Stout. Unless I drink more than one or two in a night, because it's a fairly strong beer. Speaking of stouts, Sam Smith's Imperial Stout is always a pleasure to drink.

It's getting to be summertime here though, and because of that, I tend to gravitate to less alcoholic beer. Victory Prima Pils (or any other regional Pilsener I can get my hands on), the local Kolsch and amber ale (which is something of a hidden gem) at my brewpub, Schwarzbier if I can find it, etc.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Yes | No

Cullion, you live by the Wychwood brewery? You lucky SOB. Hobgoblin ale is another one of my favorites. I also love everything by Sammy Smiths.

Beer twins separated at birth?