Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer

Yes | No

Booze, Drugs, and Nightlife Favorite Beer

I'm interested to hear what everyone is drinking these days.

I'm currently hooked on Belgian Tripels with my current favorite being La Fin du Monde.

Scrapper

Yes | No

Burnside brewery's Ten Penny Ale and Dixie Brewery's Blackened Voodoo (Black Lager).

great shit.

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

Refsvindinge's Ale no. 16.
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ian G.R.
    Refsvindinge's Ale no. 16.
    Fancy. Where'd you find it?

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

It's local

(I live in Denmark, in fact, I used to live not far from the brewery)

They do export though.
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.

Yes | No

isn't fin du monde a unibroue from quebec?

these days its mostly granville island lager because that's what most places consistently have on tap around here. not sure how far they distribute, but it's fantastic stuff.
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    isn't fin du monde a unibroue from quebec?

these days its mostly granville island lager because that's what most places consistently have on tap around here. not sure how far they distribute, but it's fantastic stuff.
    Yes, it's a Unibroue product. I've also tried their Trois Pistoles which is very good.

I've not heard of Granville Island Lager... I'll see if I can find it here.

Yes | No

granville island makes a small range of beers. they even do a proper IPA and a wheat ale. stay far far away from the winter ale. it's terrible.

http://www.gib.ca/

i had some old speckled hen imported from jolly old england last week. it was delicious. and properly strong too. i'm also a big fan of coopers from australia. bottle brewed! has some marmite in the bottom lol.
    Last edited by Neildo; 7th May 09 at 10:08 AM.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    granville island makes a small range of beers. they even do a proper IPA and a wheat ale. stay far far away from the winter ale. it's terrible.

http://www.gib.ca/

i had some old speckled hen imported from jolly old england last week. it was delicious. and properly strong too. i'm also a big fan of coopers from australia. bottle brewed! has some marmite in the bottom lol.
    IPA is another of my favorite styles. I'm drooling. :)

Boulevard Brewing here in Missouri makes an excellent bottle conditioned IPA. I believe it's part of their "Smokestack Series" of beers. If you can find it, try it. You'll like it.

Have you tried any of Sierra Nevada's specialty brews? They have some pretty good stuff. Their Bigfoot Barleywine ale made my tongue melt. Wicked strong.

As for Coopers, I know I can get that locally. I'll try to pick some up. Marmite in the bottle sounds intriguing.
    Last edited by fbat; 7th May 09 at 10:50 AM.

Yes | No

counter intuitively, you should shake a coopers first. not vigorously like a paint mixer, but like when you get an orange juice or something and all the good stuff has settled on the bottom.

we get some american craft brews, but generally i'm not interested. i'm not really a big fan of stouts of IPA's.

Marmite is a by-product of beer brewing. most breweries leave it out, but since coopers is bottle brewed, it stays in there.
    Last edited by Neildo; 7th May 09 at 10:59 AM.