Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sociocide's Guide to Better Booze & Vino

Yes | No

Booze, Drugs, and Nightlife Sociocide's Guide to Better Booze & Vino

Alright, as evidenced by my last thread on the subject, I'm clueless when it comes to finer things that make you dizzy and sick.

Help me. Please.

Today I stopped off at the liquor store and picked up some Tecate & Spaten Lager because I was out of beer.

While I was there I picked up a 1.5L bottle of Bolla Chianti for $15.... so it's cheap, because I'm cheap. I jsut thought I'd try a different sort of red, mostly I've been buying Merlot- for all I know I'm throwing these terms around all willy nilly and wrong, so correct me if that's the case.

I also decided to increase the contents of my liquor cabinet by and so I bought a 1L bottle of E & J Brandy extra smooth for $13.... so again with the cheap. What can I do with brandy? Is it a sipping or shooting drink? Does it mix? With what?

Also, recommend for me a booze or wine to pick up next time I'm in the store.

Yes | No

With the brandy, you can mix yourself a sidecar.

2 shots brandy
    1 shot triple sec or cointreau
    1 shot lemon juice

shake with ice and serve in a glass with a sugared rim if you are feeling fancy.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Zendetta

Yes | No

I used to take a bottle of Bolla's Valpicella (sp?) on all my camping trips.

Yes | No

Note: this Brandy is hella smooth, damn!

Yes | No

buy rum, as a visually challenged martal artiest you must be in constant conflict with ninjas (particularity the Hand). by consuming rum one can attain a state of asskickery known a pirate. as a "pirate" ninjas will cease to be a serious concern, although the eye patch will affect your already poor vision.

how you take it is just as important, and for that we have another example of asskickery to show us the way.

The Papas Double Daquery

two part rum
    one part lime
    shake and serve.

EDIT: how do i screw up a recipe like a poppas double, im on my fifth.
    Last edited by Robot Jesus; 25th October 08 at 01:32 AM.

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Drink brandy after a nice meal, preferably after you've dismissed the servants and the ladies have adjourned. A good brandy is best enjoyed straight, in a ridiculously oversized glass. Accompany it with a fine cigar, a handshake/backscratch deal with your old college chum on the SEC and follow it with a joke about wetbacks.

Yes | No

brandy kicks ass when you have a cold. it's always good to have some on hand.
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

Yes | No

Try looking through this... http://www.mixologyguide.com/

Maybe go to some tastings or order different things when you go out so you can see what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Will she be set upon you? jubei33's Avatar

Yes | No

brandy is very fine.

hennesey is my personal favorite, but camus and remy martin are also nice too
    Where have all the hobos gone to?

RESOLVE IS A DISHONEST PERSON.

http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

Yes | No

Next drink hint. Tonight Im drinking margueritas to enjoy the last warm nights of the year.

recipe

1 shot tequila (Herradura reposado, YMMV)
    1/2 shot triple sec
    1 shot lime juice
    spash of lemon

shake in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour. If you blend this shit I'll make sure you die screaming.

salt the rim (unlike the sugared rim on the sidecar, this is not optional)

enjoy.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger