Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the PETA actuallly know of it's perception? POssible Anon attack?

Yes | No

Default Does the PETA actuallly know of it's perception? POssible Anon attack?

Just recently was watching a talk show, talked about the PETA making a fuss about horse drawn carriages in new york.

Now im all for people standing up for animal rights. But should this organization be the PETA? Im sure long ago they did some good work. But now they just seem to have gone off the rocker.

Almost EVERY internet forum i visit, people seem to really really hate them.

Like scientology, whenever someone would bring it up, nothing positive was said about them, few people stood up to defend them. Not surprising, Anon went after scientology.

I see the same trend for the PETA.

I wouldn't exactly support something like that, since many of it's members are well meaning despite me disagreeing with them.

But ARE they aware of themselves at all?
    if i was christian i'd say: ZOMG jerusalem is in hands of the infadels!!!get ur swordz and lets pwnz0rs for G0d!!!!'

Lebell

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

They are a negative force for animal rights. They're the type of fanatic that will help animals even if those little shits have to die in the process. I don't know their history, but it's irrelevant, because their current members are batshit insane. I mean, they don't even acknowledge that the people who they are going after might actually be treating the animals well and like them.

It's not hard to imagine the guy who owns the horses in New York has trainers/caretakers that actually like horses and want what's best for them. My cousin has been riding horses for about 20 years now and she finally got a horse of her own. You think she wants to see it get hurt or uncumfortable in any way? Of course not. She loves her horse. But these bastards would still go after her because the horse isn't free, as if that was somehow The Promised Land for all animals.

It just strikes me as incredibly odd that these people don't understand the kind of connection a person can have with an animal. I mean, I consider my dog family. I know his quirks and often times it just seems like he knows what I'm thinking. I can't see him dreaming about living out in the wild, when whenever I let him outside to do his business before I go to bed and it happens to be raining, he'll just kind of sit there and I have to tell him to get out there. He'll do his business and then run back inside. Gee, if he liked the wild so much, you'd think he might just want to stay outside all the time, huh?

Yes | No

In canada there are two shows, one called "The hour' and the other "The micheal coren show' the micheal coren show isn't the most popular program, it's on a religious conservative T.V. station. But the show has a good current events panel.

One of the panelists, David Menzies mentioned that some lady who founded it showed up on 'the hour' and talked about how she wants to ban seeing eye dogs for the blind.

I have to see it for my self to confirm.

But seeing eye dogs for teh blind? Why don't they focus on dog fighting instead?
    if i was christian i'd say: ZOMG jerusalem is in hands of the infadels!!!get ur swordz and lets pwnz0rs for G0d!!!!'

Lebell

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    It just strikes me as incredibly odd that these people don't understand the kind of connection a person can have with an animal. I mean, I consider my dog family. I know his quirks and often times it just seems like he knows what I'm thinking. I can't see him dreaming about living out in the wild, when whenever I let him outside to do his business before I go to bed and it happens to be raining, he'll just kind of sit there and I have to tell him to get out there. He'll do his business and then run back inside. Gee, if he liked the wild so much, you'd think he might just want to stay outside all the time, huh?
    Friend of mine once lost a cat, they couldn't find it, it ran away.

When they found the thing, it NEVER wanted to leave the house.

Apparently not being fed regularly really freaked the thing out. Didn't run away again.

Lebell

Doritosaurus Chex

Yes | No

Try looking up the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode that featured Peta. They have some fucked up things like:

- On a tax return, Peta wrote off a giant freezer. A freezer that can only be used to store frozen meat or animal cadavers. Since they don't eat meat, it only leaves us with 1 other choice.
    - At the time, one of the vice presidents is a diabetic and dependent on insulin injections. Guess how insulin was developed?

The only good Peta has ever done was the I'd rather be naked than wear fur campaign.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

I wonder if the regular members are just as apeshit, though? For example, Republicans get a lot of flack for being homosexuals while espousing hatred for gays, being corrupt, racist, religious fanatics, gun fuckers, etc., but it seems like the run-of-the-mill Reps aren't so bad and it's only the "conservatives" that stain the party. Do you think something similar is going on here? Bill Maher is a PETA supporter, and, although he has a complete lack of understanding of medicine, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Yes | No

And here we have the HUGE difference between animal welfare and animal rights. Another great one to bring up is the spaying/neutering of house pets. Welfare advocates say of course - it makes cohabitation with humans so much easier, it removes problems of overpopulation, I think there are showable health benefits, etc. Animal rights activists say we have no right to dictate when another species can or can't breed.

To a rights activist - and PETA is certainly an extreme example of this - animals deserve all the same self-evident rights of a human. Domestication is a form of slavery and oppression, and humans shouldn't do or use ANYTHING not produced entirely from humans.

I have a hard time on this issue. I'd LIKE to be on the side of animal rights, but the practicality of the situation doesn't - to me - allow that. For another insane (my opinion) example, PETA is against the use of wool and honey due to the "freedoms" taken away from sheep and bees. Now, I'd be all for removing some of the things I've heard done to sheep in the wool industry (granted the source for this is PETA, but I've read that in order to make a better "canvas" for shearing, ranchers will cut off the flesh around the haunches of sheep so the scar tissue grows back smoothly). Or if there's any sort of inhumane treatment of bees (what the hell could a beekeeper do to upset a bee besides harvesting the honey? I suppose that's enough for PETA).

However, to ban the industry and "free" the sheep and bees is currently ludicrous. First off, being domesticated the sheep wouldn't last more than a few generations to predators (can't stop them either, of course) and do you think bees will leave their man-made hives for some esoteric idea of a "free" one. That's just the animal's welfare considerations, not mentioning job losses, material losses, etc. that would hurt human life.

It's a hard thing to wrap around when you give no special privilege to your own species, but I agree PETA takes it too far and ends up as a quasi-terrorist group that seems to advocate animal rights at the expense of humans (as if humans aren't animals too).

I just want them to be consistent and start yelling at ants to stop "farming" aphids and waging war with each other.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I wonder if the regular members are just as apeshit, though? For example, Republicans get a lot of flack for being homosexuals while espousing hatred for gays, being corrupt, racist, religious fanatics, gun fuckers, etc., but it seems like the run-of-the-mill Reps aren't so bad and it's only the "conservatives" that stain the party. Do you think something similar is going on here? Bill Maher is a PETA supporter, and, although he has a complete lack of understanding of medicine, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Thats what im thinking too. Id hate to see alot of innocent people taking flack for the faults of those at the head. It's like muslims, we see and hear the bad and the loud, but what about the ordinary PETA?

And....what IS the brunt of their work?

Lebell

Yes | No

PETA allows certain people to get worked up over things without thinking them through.

"You take an oath to a group whom you know follows the laws of providence, which it obeys independently of the influence of earthly powers, who leads the animals rightly, and who will guide the animals fate. Through your oath you bind yourselves to a group who — that is our faith — was sent to us by higher powers. Do not seek PETA with your mind. You will find it through the strength of your hearts!"

EDIT: and then theres this asshole "Many committed vegetarians in PETA were repulsed by the very idea of eating meat, even if no animals were harmed."
    Last edited by Robot Jesus; 4th April 09 at 12:50 AM.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Just recently was watching a talk show, talked about the PETA making a fuss about horse drawn carriages in new york.

Now im all for people standing up for animal rights. But should this organization be the PETA? Im sure long ago they did some good work. But now they just seem to have gone off the rocker.

Almost EVERY internet forum i visit, people seem to really really hate them.

Like scientology, whenever someone would bring it up, nothing positive was said about them, few people stood up to defend them. Not surprising, Anon went after scientology.

I see the same trend for the PETA.

I wouldn't exactly support something like that, since many of it's members are well meaning despite me disagreeing with them.

But ARE they aware of themselves at all?
    They're just like those Lyndon LaRouche douchenozzles that I see all around the U-District. Totally clueless, but I choose to enjoy how much they are unknowingly making fools of themselves instead of having it ruin my day.

Scientology is different because they are trying to pass themselves off as a "religion" just to avoid paying taxes. PETA may be nutty, but not that nutty.
    Last edited by Steve; 4th April 09 at 04:36 AM. Reason: horrible grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    Steve wasn't in CTC but he's one of us in spirit. I can't explain it.
    <3

SHARK FARTS!