Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 48 arrested in Montreal protest

Yes | No

Default 48 arrested in Montreal protest

I just wanted to steal Krackers thunder.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...ceprotest.html

A rally to protest police brutality. How ironic.

Of course such events are sure to attract nothing but the most law-biding and peaceful members of any city.
    "Pranksters and LARPists write or call in threats. Guys like me claim responsibility.

-SFGoon.

"I can teach libs to love guns faster then I can teach cons to think, it seems."

-JohnnyCache

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Quick alert Lord Humongous for appropriate outrage.
    Last edited by Spade: The Real Snake; 16th March 09 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Yes | No

and knave for cheerleading

Yes | No

We all should be outraged at police brutality. The problem is when your outrage becomes irrational, and you make yourself and your cause substantially easier to marginalize.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Shawarma

Yes | No

Phrost has just Rodney Kinged the correct.

Yes | No

Agree with Phrost, who says protests can't be peaceful yet still bring a strong clear message?

Part of the news article:

Action
    'Television footage showed some people throwing rocks at businesses, including hotels.'
    Reaction
    'Protesters were shown to be clutching their faces because of tear gas released by police'
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Yes | No

I'm totally ok with police tear gassing people who think smashing someone elses windows serves the greater social good.

Actually, I'd be ok with the police hand-cuffing those people and then handing them over to the victims of said window breaking and allow them to come to an "agreement".
    "Pranksters and LARPists write or call in threats. Guys like me claim responsibility.

-SFGoon.

"I can teach libs to love guns faster then I can teach cons to think, it seems."

-JohnnyCache

Yes | No

Elipson - when you say 'agreement', do you mean a proper discussion as to reparation for damage to property outside of court or something more violent?

I find it funny how some rioters (as opposed to 'protestors') will get really dramatic as soon as they spot a TV camera. "Ouch, a rubber bullet pinged off my head", "oh noez pepper spray up my noze".
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I find it funny how some rioters (as opposed to 'protestors') will get really dramatic as soon as they spot a TV camera. "Ouch, a rubber bullet pinged off my head", "oh noez pepper spray up my noze".
    Well, sometime yes. Sometimes no.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...nging_by_.html

I have alot of common friends with this guy. Lots of folks are pretty fucked up.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

People are dumb sometimes.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacccC98uoM
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.