Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Any home brewers here ?

Home Brewer Extraordinair Keith's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    anyone have any advice on hard cider?

I have the equipment to brew and bottle beer, is there any different process i need to follow?
    I've brewed cider two batches of cider. One batch was unsuccessfull because I was going for a spiced cider and I used too much of cloves which became overpowering once it fermented. The second batch I was very conservative with the spicing and it was great.

You can just use store-bought applejuice, pour directetly into your fermenter, add yeast and go. Best to use a yeast that's more suited for cider than you would for beer: talk to your brewing supplier about this.

Yes | No

I was thinking of using champaign yeast, also can someone talk me out of spiceing with just a hint of salvia.

Acupuncturist/BSN/AA-S Quikfeet509's Avatar

Yes | No

Go ahead and try it.

As for yeast, here's a good place to start:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/produ...x?SubCat=11125

[it is safe to click BTW]

Yes | No

So I had my first major problem with my home brew. Last batch I brewed I really procrastinated on bottling for about 6 weeks, letting the brew sit in the secondary for too long. The result: no carbonation from bottling. I think the yeast died from sitting too long. I had a package of powdered yeast that had been sitting in my fridge for a while. I warmed it up and got a starter culture growing. I used a dropper to add yeast slurry to all the bottles and re-capped them. I then used the remaining yeast to make a gallon of half-strength mead (about 6 to 6.3%). I've heard that it's good practice to add extra nutrients to mead as the honey doesn't give the yeast a lot to work with, but we'll see. I'll report back in a week or two as to how my carbonation quick-fix worked.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    I was thinking of using champaign yeast, also can someone talk me out of spiceing with just a hint of salvia.
    Yes. Having watched youtubes of people high on salvia it apparently turns you into a fucking retard.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Yes. Having watched youtubes of people high on salvia it apparently turns you into a fucking retard.
    Your advice may be late by ohhhhh about a year or so

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion

it's suppose to be milder if taken orally. I had an Idea once that if I ever start a brew house i would initially offer a salvia beer as a marketing stunt alongside two normal beers.

Zendetta

Yes | No

The saving grace of Salvia is that it is over quick. Ingested orally, it can last a long, long time.

Salvia and beer is, imo, a terrible idea... unless you plan on having someone else drink it.

Yes | No

I'll just leave a case outside of a local highschool and see what happens.

Yes | No