Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Tickets 101

Yes | No

Guns Traffic Tickets 101

Help pls those who have constructive advice. The rest, throw things and make funny haa haa sounds.

The facts as I recall them...

6/13/07 I was driving home and apparently doing 41 in a 15 mph zone. The zoning is bogus, since the 'school' was abandoned on that date. Whatever. I also had an expired NY inspection sticker. So I got 2 tickets for the price of one!

The trooper (yes, not cop) advised me to plead NOT GUILTY to both tickets, especially if I got the car inspected within a week and sent in a copy of the receipt. I did this, but plead guilty to the speeding violation (what do I know, was my first ticket.

I'm going over there in a few hours and hopefully the officer will not show and the judge will dismiss things.

HOWEVER. If the trooper shows, will it help me to state that he told me what he said or just take my lumps, hush my mouth and pay the fine?

Thank you for ALL your help!
    Others can be run over by my frozen little Subaru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Plead incompetence. When I got my first (and only so far) ticket, it was for having that sticker thing expired. By 6 months. I just said I hadn't had my licence long and what the fuck do I know about grown up stuff (I was 19 I think)? Judge cut it in half. $100 instead of $200.

Yes | No

I'm frantically trying to find any paperwork I can to prove things. I can't very well pull the sticker off the windshield or tell them to go look at it, can I? All I got is a bank statement which shows I paid a garage (but not for what) and the post office receipt for mailing the money order for the speeding ticket.

Thanks, Nun, that helps. What if the Judge isn't a woman tho?

PL, I'm not 19 anymore. Ignorance is no excuse and all that. But thanks.
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    PL, I'm not 19 anymore. Ignorance is no excuse and all that. But thanks.
    Hair in pig tails, push-up bra, short skirt, and a lot of slutty looking make up. Bam, you're 19 again. It's always worked for me.

Yes | No

If I do that, more like I can enter a plea of insanity. It's like 9 degrees here today.
    for example....

Good, fast, cheap; pick 2 Supporting Member Aaranar's Avatar

Yes | No

Your best bet is the officer not showing. If he shows, ask to see maintainence logs for the radar or ladar unit, proving it was calibrated before the officer went on patrol, or within the stipulated maintainence period. Point out that the school was not in session on the day in question. Court should be able to verify that with a simple phone call to the district office. At the very least, you should be able to get the school zone fine knocked off.

Yes | No

oooh.. really?
    for example....

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Good, fast, cheap; pick 2 Supporting Member Aaranar's Avatar

Yes | No

Donno about Yankeeland, really, but that usually works south of the Manson/Nixon line. YMMV. In any case, be nice, be humble, say yes mamm/sir/your honor, no mamm/sir/your honor, and be honest. Certainly a speeding ticket isn't the end of the world?

Thing is, you already pleaded guilty, right? You may be stuck paying a fine, just not the school zone fine, provided the school was not in session.

Yes | No

The school has been closed for years. Thing is there's 2 schools next door to one another. I was pulled over in front of the empty one (actually, it's been sold and is now a mosque now).

I will take all this info and advice with me and let you know what happens when I get back.
    for example....