View Poll Results: Good expectations of Prez Obama

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Conservative and I don't have good expectations.

4 14.29%
  • I am a Conservative and I have great expectations.

6 21.43%
  • I am a Liberal and I don't have good expectations.

8 28.57%
  • I am a Liberal and I have great expectations.

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama's first term as Leader of the free world

Ability to feel pain Dark Helmet's Avatar

Yes | No

Default President Obama's first term as Leader of the free world

Will you have good expectations of the first term (4 years) of President Barack Obama?

I think that is a straight forward a question as can be asked.However ,I am curious as to everyone's political direction now before the inoguration.I for one consider myself to be a centrist-conservative AND I have good hopes for Obama's first term
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 18th January 09 at 08:26 PM.
    "But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. Itís rather like if you flirt with a girl, itís more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know youíre gonna get it, the other one you donít.Ē"

Yes | No

One mistake in the title of the thread.It's Leader of the Free WORLD.
    "But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. Itís rather like if you flirt with a girl, itís more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know youíre gonna get it, the other one you donít.Ē"

Equipoise

Yes | No

Where's the option "I'm a moderate and I have **** expectations" ?

Yes | No

No fence-sitters need vote.You must lean towards one side?

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

It's not like shit can get any worse. OTOH just maybe he can pull something extraordinary off. It's pretty much self-defeating bullshit to be uniformly pessimistic, though, so for now I'm hoping for something extraordinary. I mean, I might as well.

Yes | No

Jackbooted thugs are pretty much not moderates by definition.

I think he's going to do as good a job as is possible, but he can't walk on water and he is inheriting a fucked up mess. He's going to have to focus on the economy for his first term, and he's not gonna be able to spend much of anything after that to accomplish the things he wanted to accomplish.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    It's not like shit can get any worse. OTOH just maybe he can pull something extraordinary off. It's pretty much self-defeating bullshit to be uniformly pessimistic, though, so for now I'm hoping for something extraordinary. I mean, I might as well.
    I understand your point of view.But there were people who thought that things would get worse.I don't mean those bible-thumping fanatics who expected the end of days.But actual economic and social collapse.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Jackbooted thugs are pretty much not moderates by definition.

I think he's going to do as good a job as is possible, but he can't walk on water and he is inheriting a fucked up mess. He's going to have to focus on the economy for his first term, and he's not gonna be able to spend much of anything after that to accomplish the things he wanted to accomplish.
    One word : Carter

Equipoise

Yes | No

I have liberal attitudes in certain areas, but conservative in others.

Like gay marriage. I could care less...marry whomever you want, just don't push it down my throat. Or religion for example. I think making decisions for the public/foreign policy based on religion alone is idiotic. I'm a big proponent of education and feel it should be much cheaper for college, etc.

As for the conservative part...I'm a police officer...take your pick of issues.

Where to go next?  photo lucy_zpsa59300b6.jpg f4n4n's Avatar

Yes | No

Oldguy summed it up pretty much. He just got the bailout handed to him, he is sitting on the Irak/Afghanistan issue and a couple more things. He has to solve shit he didn't start and to be honest he is in a big pile of it.

As a personal note I hope they will loosen up the visa situation a bit. And I hope that he finally will use the power he has to stop the Palestina conflict.