Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists VS Athiests: A debate.

Yes | No

Default Apologists VS Athiests: A debate.

Greetings sociocide! Greetings! While responding to some retarded youtube comments I was challenged to a debate by an apologist. So anyway let the lulz begin!

My argument: In numbers chapter 31 (just read the whole chapter it's only a page or two) the jews capture a city. Moses tells them to kill anyone who either has a dick or has put a dick inside them (dudes and non virgin women). The jews do this and then take the virgin women for themselves so that they can have hot teen on middle aged jew sex... err I mean rape. Finally they offer some of the virgin's up as a human sacrafice to God. All while this is happening God just sits idle and does nothing.

My arguement is that a real God would have stepped in to stop this atrocity, and only a made up God would let this happen. Therefore the God of the bible does not exist.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

That sounds pretty consistent with OT God.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

That's a retarded argument. You're argument is based on the premise that God is always kindly and unwilling to sacrifice human life to fulfill his mysterious goals. He does it all the time in the Old Testament.

Basically this 'real' god you've made up is a strawman that's always nice to everybody. It's bullshit.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

So you are pointing out that a religeous texts might be contradictory.

Ok.
    So?
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

His argument is that a *real* god would help His/Her creations.

Are you off your meds today, Cullion?

MEGALEF

Yes | No

I don't see the point of attempting to reason about god and the bible. Using logic to try and break into the illogical loop of faith just doesn't work.

"God exists cuz God said so in the Bible"

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    Says who?

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    That's a retarded argument. You're argument is based on the premise that God is always kindly and unwilling to sacrifice human life to fulfill his mysterious goals. He does it all the time in the Old Testament.

Basically this 'real' god you've made up is a strawman that's always nice to everybody. It's bullshit.
    That's not a strawman. I don't think you even know what a strawman is. How is a "real" god a misrepresentation of a christian arguement in order to make it easier to defeat?

Also I love your kneejerk reaction that God doesn't always have to be nice. I guess he can be a giant murderous asshole too. Is a God good because he does the right deeds, or are deeds good because God does them? I say a true God is good because he does only good. Others say that whatever God does no matter how evil it appears must be good because God (who is all good) did them. By that criteria if satan were God, then Satan would be good because everything satan does must be good since satan is all good. Anybody and anything (no matter how evil they appeared) would be holy under that criteria.

Yes | No

Yay, atheist retards and Israel all in one day. There are still 8 hours left before midnight, can we cover abortion and gun control again too?
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Reese

Are you off your meds today, Cullion?
    I'm pointing out that that's a whiney faggot argument to make.

He's made up his own idea of what he would like a God to be and then he's attacking somebody else's conception of God by saying 'hey, that can't be right, it's not like how I think God ought to act'.

You can see that's absurd, no?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.