Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Pork Loin with Acorn Squash

Yes | No

Default Roast Pork Loin with Acorn Squash

Here's something to take the chill out of Autumn!

Take a glass baking dish and mix about a teaspoon each of crushed rosemary, rubbed sage, ground mustard, fresh ground black pepper, paprika, a couple spoonfuls of chopped fresh (or stuff from a jar) garlic (probably 5 or 6 cloves) with enough olive oil to make a nice paste sorta goo.

Place the pork into the goo and coat all the sides. Lay it fat side up and gather the garlic mush on the top, where it should stick. This will bake into a nice crust. Put in a thermometer and pop it into the oven which you, btw preheated to 350. After about 15 minutes, cover with a tent of foil.

Take the acorn squash and a large sharp knife. Cut it in half. You can do this by spearing the squash and working the knife around until you get all the way around. Scoop out the seeds and sprinkle with…
    Pepper, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, or whatever you feel like using. Mix savory with baking stuff.
    Spray the spice lightly with baking spray so it sticks to the squash. Lay thin pats of butter around the edges and in the center of each half. Place on a baking sheet and get it into the oven next to the roast.

Bake for at about an hour or until the thermometer reaches around 160.

You can serve the squash in wedges or scoop it out of the skin and mash it. Slice the pork and enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

Kiko, do you have a digital camera?
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.

Yes | No

We have 3. But I'm not good with 'em nor am I good with remembering my photobucket password. Lemme find some pics I can maybe hotlink for you. I knew you'd ask...
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....

Yes | No

That looks alot like mine.

My squash has more spices all over.. but that's pretty close.

Better?
    for example....

Registered Member staff EuropIan's Avatar

Yes | No

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kiko again.

However, don't cop out another time and post pictures of your own food next time.

Sounds delicious btw
    You are Ian's plaything, responding to his touch with shrieks of orgasmic delight. No woman in the history of the world is having better sex than sex you are having with Ian... in my head.

Yes | No

Just spread the garlic goo all over the roast then ;)
    for example....

Will she be set upon you? jubei33's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm all outta rep for you....But not outta love (Baby)

my new hit single, BUY IT NOW!!!

==========

Another way you can cook acorn squash is to cut it into pieces, add to a pot and lightly cover with light soy sauce, mashed garlic, ginger. then cover with foil and simmer on low heat until its soft. This is a japanese fall favorite.
    Where have all the hobos gone to?

RESOLVE IS A DISHONEST PERSON.

http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

Yes | No

The recipe in the first post got mixed reviews. Husband, elder daughter and I loved it. Younger daughter decided rosemary is evil and the squash was to savory for her. I've discarded her vote because I offered her a chance to help me cook it. ;P
    for example....

Other food is now Ocelot Supporting Member Tanhalen21's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone who isn't a friend of Rosemary isn't a friend of mine.

And why don't people understand that squash isn't always sweet! Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by zendetta
    When he kills the african dud with the rear naked choke, you can see he has his hooks in.

Yes | No

Rosemary does make her fingers tingle when she's chopped it for me. It would send my brother into shock, so he better tell me soon whether he's coming to Thanksgiving dinner!
    for example....