Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do Pierogis?

Other food is now Ocelot Supporting Member Tanhalen21's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    Tanhalen, you mean golabki?
    Sorry, I can't conceal my Ashkenaz Jewery. Yes, golabki is gut.

Learn to use lowercase and maybe I'll look up a recipe. The most important thing is to count HOW many of 'em you end up making from a whole head of cabbage.
    Yes'm.

Yes | No

It's all good. I just wanted to make sure it was the same dish.

Actually there's a site.. http://www.coalregion.com/recipes.htm

The other parts about how folks talk in the Coal Region are pretty funny, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Yes | No

Kiko, I'm playing in New York City on December 9th. Why don't you come to the show and if you WANT you can bring lots of home-cooked Pole-food for me to eat.

Yes | No

Can I throw it up on stage?
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....

Yes | No

Yes and I will greedily and violently shove it into my mouth mid-song

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    It's all good. I just wanted to make sure it was the same dish.

Actually there's a site.. http://www.coalregion.com/recipes.htm

The other parts about how folks talk in the Coal Region are pretty funny, too.
    As a Coal Region native (Luzerne County): JESUS H. CHRIST! I fuckin' LOVE dat web site. dems some good recipes, hanna?

Yes | No

<===Born in Wilkes Barre. Visited for many holidays until we got Grammy to move to NY with us.

Ack! the site is broke! Obama musta nuked it!
    for example....

Yes | No

Me too! (I think, it was either General or Nesbitt, I was too young to remember)
    I went to WVW. I still visit on the holidays. I get Pizza Perfect these days (Victory Pig apparently has gone to shit). There's no way this lasagna recipe can stack up to those old church lady bazaar pierogi's, can it?

Yes | No

Wow. General for me. We only go 'back home' when there's a funeral or something. I can still remember the sidewalks on Helen Street. I heard Pizza Luvin' is pretty good, too.

I actually haven't tried it yet. Assembled the whole thing Sunday and it's in the fridge. I was on a cooking streak, made lasagna and chicken soup and we've been trying to systematically make more room in the fridge. Should be on the menu tonight tho.

I don't think it'd be as good, because it won't be swimming in buttery onions. But there WILL be sour cream on mine!
    for example....

Yes | No

You mean "Pizza L'Oven" over in Forty Fort? Yeah they are pretty good, but Pizza Perfect in Dallas is the new best in town at my last check (last year).

I generally have my pierogi's with just butter and onions. I like the sour cream on my deep fried potato pancakes.

I'm not sure where Helen street is, but I'll bet the sidewalks are all fucked up, heaving over one another, just doing their best to trip up an old lady who is trying to walk to church.

The valley is blessed with great pizza. Any given street will have a church, a beer garden and a pizza shop, all within a few blocks. Take Hughes St. in Swoyersville (my real dirty home town) It's got Sal's Pizza (awesome), Holy Trinity, then you got Shanky's, Rie's (I think), and Stashachak's. And the sidewalks are a mess.