Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The All-Time Favorite Car Thread <$40k

Yes | No

Default The All-Time Favorite Car Thread <$40k

If you could have any car in history today, as Brand New 0 miles on it and in perfect condition. What would it be? And it has to cost less than $40,000 I like talking about cars people actually buy a lot.

And you can only post one.

I expect everybody to hate my choice but whatever.

The 1992 Ford Mustang Cobra

Something about this car drives me crazy to this day. I just want to buy it, supercharge it, put on a old megadeth CD and drive like a irresponsible asshole. Perhaps it is because it is the car I always wanted as a child, and never had.

I've tried for 4years to find one in reasonable condition at a reasonable price, and it is impossible. I'm afraid they have all been white trashed *tears*

Such a small car with such a huge engine...

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handy

Yes | No

I already told steve to move this to the car forum, whoops!
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handy

Ability to feel pain Dark Helmet's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm actually impressed with NOB's tastes in cars.But not his women-hating-iraqi-murdering-send-them-mechicans-back-home politics.He scares me sometimes.When I was 18 a guy I worked with wanted to know if I was interested in buying that car off of him.I had to decline I didn't have that kind of money back then.
    "But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. Itís rather like if you flirt with a girl, itís more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know youíre gonna get it, the other one you donít.Ē"

SFGOON

Yes | No

Everything is politics, politics, politics to you, isn't it? Doesn't it ever get repetitive? You must be a crashing bore in real life. However, since you're Canadian, it's at least understandable if not tolerable.

That said, I love me a Toyota Corolla. NOBODY ever notices a Toyota Corolla. Plus, they're reliable and just small enough to be agile.

Ability to feel pain Dark Helmet's Avatar

Yes | No

Okay!I'm just busting NOB's chops a bit.

If I had the money now.This is what i would buy.But you guys would think I was crazy to want a 38,000 dollar hacthback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C..._R#FN2_Chassis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...vic_type_R.JPG
    "But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. Itís rather like if you flirt with a girl, itís more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know youíre gonna get it, the other one you donít.Ē"

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by CanucKyokushin
    But you guys would think I was crazy to want a 38,000 dollar hacthback.
    I'm probably going to buy a 2009 STI hatchback next summer. I feel ya.

SFGOON

Yes | No

Nice car, though a total ripoff of the volkwagen Corrado.

BTW I'm changing my vote to The Volkswagen Corrado.

Sirc

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by CanucKyokushin
    Okay!I'm just busting NOB's chops a bit.

If I had the money now.This is what i would buy.But you guys would think I was crazy to want a 38,000 dollar hacthback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C..._R#FN2_Chassis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...vic_type_R.JPG
    I've actually driven a Japanese Imported CTR. Good lord, that was a good car. Everything about it was totally adequate.

Yes | No

I'd get a corolla. except i'd get the AE86 and get all Initial D up in this bitch. cuz i'm a nerd.

I could probably get an 85 Audi coupe quattro for dirt cheap now, and back in the 80's it probably didn't cost more than $40k. audi's are crazy expensive now though.

so the under $40k stipulation, is that current blue book price, or the price of the vehicle at time of original manufacture? because there were cars that came out a long time ago that were under $40k then, but aren't now. like a 68 Shelby GT500. original price was under $5000, now goes for $350,000 at auction. WANT.
    Last edited by Neildo; 14th September 08 at 04:37 AM.
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

Sirc

Yes | No

This is a loaded question, firing off rounds of stupid.

It's much too hard to get a single car. But if I had $40,000 to spend this is what I'd buy:

- EJ207 swap for my Impreza and paint it World Rally Blue $5000.
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX $23000
    - E36 M3 $10000
    - Toyota Helux $2000