Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Scion have a TRD version of the TC...

Yes | No

Guns Does Scion have a TRD version of the TC...

...or was the asshole that cut me off on the way back from the gym this morning just a poser?

Sirc

Yes | No

Poser.

You can buy a TRD supercharger and TRD badges, but there is no official TRD production TC.

I also really really doubt he had any of the TRD stuff because that shit all together costs almost as much as the car itself. And if you're going to buy a TC, it's not because you have money to buy two of them.

Yes | No

Gay.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    I also really really doubt he had any of the TRD stuff because that shit all together costs almost as much as the car itself. And if you're going to buy a TC, it's not because you have money to buy two of them.
    pwnt.
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Scion: because you went to the dealership high.

Yes | No

The benefit of TRD scion parts is that you can roll it into the price of the car at purchase and still get all the warranty coverage you could want.

Sirc

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by indy007
    The benefit of TRD scion parts is that you can roll it into the price of the car at purchase and still get all the warranty coverage you could want.
    The "performance" parts aren't really all that performance-y. My stock Impreza runs circles around every Scion.

And fuck the warranty, you just put the stock shit back on and say, "I don't know what happened."

Yes | No

The "performance" parts aren't really all that performance-y. My stock Impreza runs circles around every Scion.

And fuck the warranty, you just put the stock shit back on and say, "I don't know what happened."
    If an AWD turbo boxer could not outrun what's basically a Camry, you'd have some serious problems. There's 2 more problems with an Impreza in Houston also. Too much traffic to really rag out the car, and police that will pull you over for speeding while getting passed by other traffic (happened in a friends STi).

As for the warranty, it depends on the service writer, and not your ability to lie. You really think dealerships aren't wise to jackasses with performance cars putting on some piece of shit aftermarket part and switching it out with stock stuff at maintenance time? Too funny.

Sirc

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by indy007
    If an AWD turbo boxer could not outrun what's basically a Camry, you'd have some serious problems. There's 2 more problems with an Impreza in Houston also. Too much traffic to really rag out the car, and police that will pull you over for speeding while getting passed by other traffic (happened in a friends STi).

As for the warranty, it depends on the service writer, and not your ability to lie. You really think dealerships aren't wise to jackasses with performance cars putting on some piece of shit aftermarket part and switching it out with stock stuff at maintenance time? Too funny.
    1. I have a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS. It's now turbo, but it's AWD.

2. Service writer or not, it comes down to whether they WANT to warranty it or not. If there's ANY way they can get out of it, they will. It costs them money. Fuck the foreplay and just go right for anal.

Yes | No

1. I have a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS. It's now turbo, but it's AWD.
    I was sooo close to an '08 WRX sedan, but my fiance won, and my man card was revoked :(

2. Service writer or not, it comes down to whether they WANT to warranty it or not. If there's ANY way they can get out of it, they will. It costs them money. Fuck the foreplay and just go right for anal.
    Done my time in dealerships, and my family biz moves upwards of 20mil a year in parts plus consulting/data management/etc, so I've seen them from the inside my whole life. It really depends on the service writer. Some will warranty anything, without question, because they get paid on it, and they're on commission. Some try to avoid doing any warranty work at all. Their overall numbers rise and fall each month depending on how much the regional distributors are screaming at them.

What happens when you actually have warranty work done is, the replaced parts are boxed back up, labeled with the RO, and stuck in storage. Usually its the warehouse manager's job to track that shit. Once a month, the regional distrib sends a list. Less than 1% of the parts warrantied are sent back to the regional. Those are inspected locally, and then disappear into a dumpster or shipped back to the manufacturer for inspection. The other 99% of the parts are put on the "scrap list". Anything non-metal goes in the garbage. Anything metal goes in a drum and is sold for pennies on the dollar to the scrap collectors. Airbags are always detonated in the parking lot (lots of fun too, like a shotgun going off).

Now, it's also illegal to refuse warranty work unless they can specifically prove that your aftermarket part caused the problem. If you put on aftermarket springs, and your motor blows, they can't refuse your warranty. I know of some stores that ended up with 30+ Celica GT-S engine blocks with chunks blasted out of the sides because Fast & the Furious came out, and retards were hooking up nitrous bottles with no idea of the consequences. Of course, when they brought it in, they deny everything... even when they accidently left fittings in the car. They still got a free motor dropped in because the dealership wanted the money, and had internally made a decision to hook up each GT-S owner with 1 "free" motor and 1 "free" transmission should they need it... and by free, I mean the distributor was unwittingly picking up the tab on the warranty repairs. It was just never a fact broadcasted to the customers, since it would get them in trouble.

Funny how that stuff works. :)