Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prep for the 4th of July Cheese appreciation thread

Yes | No

Sex Prep for the 4th of July Cheese appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Goddamn, I love cheese. I literally eat it EVERYDAY, whenever I feel like it.

No, I have nothing further to add to this thread.
    Taken from this thread.

Seriously, I love the stuff like nothing else. I would more than likely kill myself if I was lactose intolerant knowing what I know now about the joy that is cheese.

Often I eat Pepper Jack:

Smoked Gouda is also one of my favorites:

(whoops, wrong pic)

My go to cheese for everyday whenever time is, of course, Cheddar (only extra sharp, plz. None of that medium sissy crap):

^^yum.

Soft cheese is pretty damn good too, thought I don't eat it nearly as often as I'd like. Lately I've been enjoying the value in the Laughing Cow brand of soft cheeses (I can get a pack at my local Bartell Drugs for under $3):

I know, a drug store that sells cheese??? THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS SO DAMN GOOD FOR YOU.

This is only a brief intro into the depths of my love of Cheese. Please contribute and make this the best 4th of July evar.

Thank you.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Fuck you hippy, this is the only cheese I buy and/or eat. Ever.

It's fucking individually wrapped, okay. Yeah, so is your Goualdne cheese, but mine comes in slices for those who are too lazy or inept to use a knife.

Yes | No

Stinky blue stilton.

Stinky blue gorgonzola

Not at all stinky or blue parmigiano reggiano

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Fuck you hippy, this is the only cheese I buy and/or eat. Ever.

It's fucking individually wrapped, okay. Yeah, so is your Goualdne cheese, but mine comes in slices for those who are too lazy or inept to use a knife.
    Pffft!!! American??? You must be fucking kidding me. What shit.

Yes | No

Fuck you, you unpatriotic hippy commie. The 4th of JULY and you don't want AMERICAN cheese? Get the fuck out of here. I bet you don't even wear a flag lapel pin.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Fuck you, you unpatriotic hippy commie. The 4th of JULY and you don't want AMERICAN cheese? Get the fuck out of here. I bet you don't even wear a flag lapel pin.
    American cheese is neither.

(It was invented in switzerland, and if you don't understand why it isn't cheese, you need to explore the cuilinary possibilities of a shotgun barrel)

Yes | No

Fuck you. American cheese is as American as a hotdog or hamburger or freedom fries.

Yes | No

Dude, cheese is awesome all by itself.

I do know what you mean about pairing it with another food, though. But for me, when I do that, it's like putting my dessert on top of my entree, it's that fucking good.

Speaking of:

If anyone even considered mixing bleu cheese (yes, I prefer the snooty spelling) with ice cream a good idea, I would try it in a heartbeat!

Yes | No

Parmigiano reggiano is good, but it's high maintenance. Most stores don't take proper care of it and it gets this sharp flavor it's not supposed to have.

Favorite is too hard to say, I like trying new stuff all the time, and I only remember half their names, but I could eat this stuff every single damn day and never get sick of it:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-manchego.htm

On a side note, in my fridge atm I've got some tobasco-flavored jack from the plain ole supermarket that I just can't believe how fucking good it is. Nothing from an ordinary supermarket should be allowed to taste this good.

Yes | No

Cheese is glorious! I love a nice European lunch of cheese, bread, fruit, and wine.

Ok, everyone's top five cheeses. GO!

1. Munster
    2. Brie/Camembert
    3. Pepper Jack
    4. Mozzarella
    5. Cheddar