Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Driver plows into bike race.

Sirc

Yes | No

Default Drunk Driver plows into bike race.

A car driven by an alleged drunken driver plowed into a bicycle race along a highway near the U.S.-Mexico border Sunday, killing one cyclist and injuring 10 others.

Juan Campos was apparently drunk and had fallen asleep at the wheel before crashing into the race in Monterrey, Mexico, police investigator Jose Alfredo Rodriguez said.

A photograph taken by a city official shows the horrifying moment of impact. The force of the collision sent bicyclists and equipment high into the air and Matamoros newspaper El Maņana described children crying, women shouting for help and men trying to lynch Campos before police arrived to arrest him.

Killed in the crash was Alejandro Alvarez, 37, of Monterrey.

Campos told police he was an American citizen from Brownsville, Texas. The U.S. consulate could not immediately confirm that.

"We are looking into the incident in terms of whether American citizens were involved,'' consulate spokesman Todd Huizinga told the Associated Press.

The crash happened 15 minutes into the race along a highway between Playa Bagdad and Matamoros, authorities said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,362147,00.html

Look how Fox News conveniently crops the police car out:

Fox News pic:

Real Pic:

So that's pretty awesome. From what I understand the police officer swerved out of the way of the car and pretty much let him hit the bikers. Yay!

Yes | No

In the top left- that's someone's helmet being ejected from their head. That's how hard they got hit.

I have a soft-spot for cyclists because I actually like my bike, and sometimes ride on roads. It's fucking scary having 2 tons of steel hurtle less than a metre away at a good 80+ kilometres an hour. And this is exactly why- because in the event of a collision, the guy with the car is alright, while you'll be hit so hard your helmet will come off and you'll probably bleed out or die from internal injuries long before anyone could help you.

And the fucker probably kept driving, too.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Sirc

Yes | No

Those stupid drunk bikers hit a parked car.

Yes | No

I believe the driver was both drunk and asleep @ the wheel .
    Thank GOD I'm an Atheist .

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane
    I believe the driver was both drunk and asleep @ the wheel .
    They should lynch him twice, then!
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Yes | No

I have a boner for how much win that picture has.

how do robot Supporting Member Arhetton's Avatar

Yes | No

you know I think I saw this three days ago. In internet time thats approximately 10 years!

Registered Member Fearless Ukemi's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by socratic
    In the top left- that's someone's helmet being ejected from their head. That's how hard they got hit.

I was in a car where the driver pulled out into oncoming traffic. Car crash impact is no joke. I was wearing a metal watch which broke and flew off my wrist from the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhetton
    you know I think I saw this three days ago. In internet time thats approximately 10 years!
    It's a few days old, but still hasn't been posted here.

how do robot Supporting Member Arhetton's Avatar

Yes | No

yeah and its a pretty amazing picture

Registered Member Supporting Member Odacon's Avatar

Yes | No

Some idiot ignored me and ploughed into me at last year, I wasn't wearing a helmet but I landed on my feet which was awesome. picked this up though:
    Attached Images Attached Images