Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate EMO so much?

Yes | No

Default Why do you hate EMO so much?

Never have I seen such hatred against a music. Cmon. I've seen people hate rap, metal, classical, country, R & B, boyband, love songs, or any other type of music under the sun.

But why is emo so hated compared to the others?

Is it the way they dress? is it their attitude? Is it the sound of the music? Is it the lyrics? is it their lifestyle?

What exactly makes emo so hateable? Any logical or scientific proof? I'd like to hear them.

kungfujew

Yes | No

Because Emo is a plague. A corrupting pathogen, a virus that once was a perfectly healthy offshoot of punk, now a mass-produced pop faeces phenomenon that has embroiled our nation's (and other nations', I just had a godman French emo kid living in my house for 3 weeks) youth in a mass-movement what achieves nothing other than navel-gazing self-flagellation and pussified blubbering in order to gain social acceptance. Fuck emo. And fuck those godamn kids that sit in circles outside the theater downtown on a Friday night not doing anything other than comparing emo-haircuts and wrist-slashing tips.

Yes | No

WTF, are you tone deaf?

IT FUCKING SUCKS ASS. If I wanted to listen to some whiny teenager cry about how pathetic he is, I'd go to a high school and beat up some teenagers.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea.

Yes | No

Follow up questions:

Emos complain and whine alot... thats a given.
    What if it is a legit reason to whine? Lets say we have a jewish or a black emo... since their race is hated so much?
    Lets say we have a 3rd world emo? who has alot to whine about like poverty, dictators, corruption, etc...?
    Will you sympathize with those kinds of emos?

Do you think medical help or counselling or being a shoulder to cry on will help solve their problem?

Yes | No

I thought we were talking about EMO bands.

I've never seen black or jewish EMOs. Only pathetic white kids from the suburbs who grew up listening to too much music that they don't really understand but want to emulate really really badly.

Now admitedly, the only world music i've ever really heard is Banghra, japanese taiko drums, and swedish black metal, so i don't know. If some impoverished kid from a war-torn country in africa actually managed to get instruments and produce good music about said topics, i'm betting they would be hailed as best foreign/indie act of the year or something, because they would likely not sound like a whiny EMO kid.

edit: I think i have heard music from impoverished kids from war-torn african countries....they emigrated to the U.K., became yardies and make grimey garage...(i think that's what it's called. i downloaded some, it's pretty cool.)
    Last edited by Neildo; 3rd September 06 at 01:22 PM.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

WHO HATES METAL?? I'LL KILL THEM!!!

Emo is whiny. You had punk in the 70's which was kind of angry and rebelious thrash metal of the 80's which was really angry and violent, you had grunge of the 90's which was starting to get whiny and a shift towards passive rebeliousness (i.e. instead of getting wacky hair and doing rebelious stuff, people started getting rebelious by not doing their homework, eating their carrots, etc), and now it's emo. Completely whiny, no substance.

Where is that article on Emo music written by that rock critic? It had to do with real feminism, and pansies.

I.e. emo boys are fucking pansies. Instead of becoming men, they decide to make girls even bigger pansies so they feel better about themselves.

Punk and Metal emphasized this kind of attitude:

Quote Originally Posted by Manowar, The Power
    Kill all those who stand against you look into their eyes
    Drink their blood and laugh as they pay for all their lies
    Piss upon their grave then cast a final spell
    Fly into the night and one day meet in hell
    Lots of people whine. But emos whine about the dumbest shit. "I'm so alone, I can never be happy." "That girl was a bitch to me. All I did was treat her like a sexual object and she broke my heart! Who am I going to bone now?" etc.

Shawarma

Yes | No

Which is why Oi! is a great genre of music.

Registered Member Supporting Member Odacon's Avatar

Yes | No

Ok Go are the future of music.

Registered Member ThaiBoxerShorts's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't have a problem with any kind of music. I'm not a fan of emo punk, but to each their own.

I don't have a problem with emo fashion. There's a bit of emo in my own wardrobe. For example, I'm a fan of glasses with thick black frames. They look cool and they work on me. If you saw me on the street, you probably wouldn't say, "holy shit that guy's emo," but yeah, there's some emo influence there.

I do, however, have a problem with middle-class white kids who whine about how much their life sucks. I want to beat the shit out of all of them. The whiny little fucks are among the most priviledged demographics in the history of humanity. The whole "woe is me, I'm all misunderstood and oppressed and downtrodden" act isn't going to fly with anyone who has a proper understanding of perspective.

What we should do is require them trade places with someone in some impoverished third-world shithole. They don't get to come back until their third-world counterpart decides that American middle-class suburban life is too hard.

(For the record, I am an American middle-class white boy who grew up in the suburbs. The difference between me and annoying emo fucks is that I know how lucky and how priviledged I am to have been born into this world. Sure, I have the occasional bad day, but I never whine about how much my life sucks, because compared to most of the world, it totally doesn't.)

Yes | No

Because it sucks. If you need a further explaination...die.
    DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS