Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Metal

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    Translation: 'I am a Jazz twat.'
    I second this motion. Poser deserves to DIE!!!

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Translation: 'I am a Jazz twat.'
    this has been a great success.

this post will also be a great success because if I hadn't added this sentence i'm typing now you'd reply about how pitiful my troll is.

fuck yo couch

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    this has been a great success.

this post will also be a great success because if I hadn't added this sentence i'm typing now you'd reply about how pitiful my troll is.

fuck yo couch
    And so the inevitable has finally occurred: Sirc has vanished up his own arse, liked the experience and is presently licking 'Marmite' off his own colon.

Bless.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

you're playing right into my hands

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

Christ, how terrifying.

Yes | No

Fucking hell - we're in trainspotter territory now.

Speaking seriously for a moment, I do really appreciate Opeth's music and its artistry. But subjectively speaking, they don't float my boat. Put simply, I'd listen to their albums, give them 9/10 and not listen to them much afterwards.
    I am generally not a fan of screamer/growlers, et cet. However Mikael Ackerfeldt is on top tier as far as that goes. Plus his singing voice, is unsurpassed by most. The way he writes, you can tell, it is what he was born to do. It is his life, his blood, his sweat, and his tears. There is a certain passion in his music, even when it goes to the death metal side of things, and flows perfectly into the serene nature of it. Dynamics? Opeth are masters of that.

Of course it is not for everyone, that goes with any music. I am just fortunate enough to not only recognize the immense amount of talent, but to be in love with the music as well.
    Forty years I've been at sea. A war at sea. A war with no battles, no monuments... only casualties

-<>-

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Platts
    You know , I haven't even heard hardly any opeth. I'm too busy trying to get older metal albums that I never get new albums except for ones from old bands. I still need to get bonded by blood, slayer's first two, celtic frost's first two, mayhem's first, emperor's first etc.......then I might get around to whatever's happening now lol
    Do yourself the favour of picking up a few Opeth albums. I recommend Blackwater Park, Damnation and Deliverance.

My arms, your hearse, might be my personal favourite, because it was the first album I had listened to of theirs, but honestly, every one (of the now 9) are fucking amazing.
    Forty years I've been at sea. A war at sea. A war with no battles, no monuments... only casualties

-<>-

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    Metal is only important to a rather small and overwhelmingly dorky subculture. I know it's been a long time since you were in high school, but metal heads have not gotten any less lame. If any subdivision of rock n'roll is the most important to modern American culture it's probably blandish pop punk like Green Day or tacky rock-derivative pop like Miley Cyrus.
    I slow down my presence here only to see that you are still a flaming twat of child like fantasy.

You still think you know what the fuck you are talking about?

-<>-

Yes | No

I have never heard of Opeth..I will check them out.
    Last night I watched a DVD called "Still Reigning" - a Slayer concert where they play all the songs off Reign in Blood and the finale features the boys getting 'reigned' on with some fake blood..very cool , the songs sound great live.
    There are also some bonus tracks from other concerts on the disc as well..I borrowed it from a friend, but may well have to purchase it for myself. Pretty awesome...

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Riddeck
    I slow down my presence here only to see that you are still a flaming twat of child like fantasy.

You still think you know what the fuck you are talking about?
    He clearly does not know what he is talking about..
    When I was in High School Rockers RULED..then they slowly faded away. There are no rockers left...