Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Yes | No

Default Metal

Hey guys, what do you all think of metal? any metal fans here? what are ye into? I'm a big fan of thrash and death metal . (OLD) Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Death, Morbid Angel, Atheist, Exhorder, Terrorizer etc. is more my cup of tea, but I also love stuff like Watchtower, Cynic, Van Morrison (not very metal I know but he used to be great, "Astral Weeks" is one of my favourite albums ever), Rory Gallagher, Robert Johnson, Django Reinhardt etc. I have yet to really get into black metal and grind is a bit too one-dimensional for me. Any like-minded (or totally opposite) people here??

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Robert Johnson, Django Reinhardt
    what

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    what
    What do you mean "what"? I was just listing off other stuff I liked that wasn't necessarily metal. Just because I mention country blues and gypsy jazz in the same sentence doesn't mean I'm guilty of crimes against your sacred jazz.

Yes | No

I just didn't see their relevance to a metal thread and tenuous grasp of English muddled your transition from pyrotechnic showmen to actual musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Platts
    I mention country blues and gypsy jazz in the same sentence doesn't mean I'm guilty of crimes against your sacred jazz.
    How about you suck a dick?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    I just didn't see their relevance to a metal thread and tenuous grasp of English muddled your transition from pyrotechnic showmen to actual musicians.

How about you suck a dick?
    Oh, mate, seriously, I am just in awe of your debating skills. Your arguments are so lucid and.........since when did you have to come into every thread mentioning metal and hijack it with your pseudo-intellectual wank-jazz tripe? You should be killed by thrash, you poser.

Yes | No

I must be an awesome troll because you're foaming at the mouth and I haven't even mentioned jazz.

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Well it sure was better than Glam.

Some of it anyway.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by THX-1138
    Well it sure was better than Glam.

Some of it anyway.
    Definitely. Every time I hear Poison I want to meet up with Brett Michaels in an alleyway somewhere and cut his throat with the broken edge of a Demolition Hammer LP.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Metal is for nerds man. Acne-riddled nerds clustered around the one hot girl in the chemistry department's library, trying to get her to come out to a concert and pizza.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Metal is for nerds man. Acne-riddled nerds clustered around the one hot girl in the chemistry department's library, trying to get her to come out to a concert and pizza.
    You forgot to tell us your favourite metal bands.