Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Chef…Lets Cook Steaks!

Zendetta

Yes | No

You still Cavemanning it?

Ever check out the laab? (Thai meat salad?)

Also, I had Ethiopian Kit Fo recently: its raw beef marinated in clarified butter and spices. Fucking AMAZING. Highly recommended.

Ethiopian friends tell me its the quintessential Ethiopian dish (warriors used to eat it before battle) and I can see why.

Yes | No

Dude, Cullion is all about laab. I think he mentions it at least once every 24 hours.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    You still Cavemanning it?
    Except for alcohol and high-cocoa dark chocolate, yeah.

Ever check out the laab? (Thai meat salad?)
    Oh hells yeah.

Also, I had Ethiopian Kit Fo recently: its raw beef marinated in clarified butter and spices. Fucking AMAZING. Highly recommended.

Ethiopian friends tell me its the quintessential Ethiopian dish (warriors used to eat it before battle) and I can see why.
    I had a meal at an ethopian/eritrean restaurant about 18 months ago, it was all about egg, meat stew and a massive egg-pancake you folded around the meat stew and chopped boiled eggs and shoved in your mouth. The 'momma-san' who ran the restaurant kept coming to my table with a big smile on her face and breaking off a chunk to feed to me by hand. I think she had a thing about watching 'heavy-set' guys eat.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Todays food was a plum-tomato salad, bananas, oranges and apples, raw nuts, zero-additive cold cuts of roast beef, canned herring and red wine. No calorie counting, just as much of each as I wanted until I was sated.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Zendetta

Yes | No

Kinky. Ethiopian food must of course be washed down with Tej (honey wine). Go back and get the Kit Fo!!! I steered you right on the laab, yes?

A caveman like you will LOVE Kit Fo.

Yes | No

The laab is pure and true. I can't get back to that restaurant easily as it's in London and I only do nights out in London a couple of times per year.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    That sounds good. What do you marinate in?
    filipino soy sauce (i don't know if there's a difference), malt vinegar, worchestershire sauce, and some sliced garlic. it's a variation on filipino adobo.
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    That sounds good. What do you marinate in?
    Picture tiem!!!

oven pre-heated, ready to go in

time to flip em

done! total cooking time = 18 mins

cleaning the pan (i <3 shallots)

complete!
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

i just read this thread title as "let's cook some stress". i was only a little disappointed.

Other food is now Ocelot Supporting Member Tanhalen21's Avatar

Yes | No

Speaking of African food, I personally love Banku, which is a Ghanaian dish of a kind of corn dough served with a kind of soup / stew that usually has beef and / or fish. You take a pinch of the corn dough with your hand, dip it in the soup, and consume.

No clue how easy it is to make, but one of you should figure out how and then cook it for me.