Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Russians Have Ray Guns?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Riddeck
    Not even the point here?
    The point is, cry harder and be thankful you can still do that.

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS ETERNAL VIGILANCE!

No, seriously, we have had this discussion before; the development and implimentation of new non-lethal weapons is a sign of human progress- you can try to deny that all you want and just be wrong, go on, no one's stopping you...... yet.

Also, the tinfoil hat useage bit was actually pretty sharp.

As long as mobs have a reason to gather and shout about something there will be cops there to try and stop them from fucking with the silent majority that's hurrying its ass off the street or watching from their shop front windows saying "WTF mate?!" And the day there are no cops is the day lots and lots and lots of people die.

When I protest, I'd prefer to do it in the precinct that has the latest and greatest won't-leave-me-dead-deterrant rather than 2 feet of solid ash and oak in the hands of some angry mug who just had a rock thrown in his face by some idiot 5 or 6 rows behind me.
    Last edited by Stick; 1st March 08 at 03:21 AM.

Good, fast, cheap; pick 2 Supporting Member Aaranar's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    the development and implimentation of new non-lethal weapons is a sign of human progress
    Interesting. Now, name me a weapon that can't kill.

How do Chameleon Circuit? Supporting Member ironlurker's Avatar

Yes | No

Our rail gun will kick their ass. Trust me, it worked in Rifts.

Article:
    Spoiler:

‘Record’ rail gun test today

By Zachary M. Peterson - Staff writer
    Posted : Thursday Jan 31, 2008 18:31:25 EST
    The Navy plans a “record-breaking” test shot of its developmental electromagnetic railgun Thursday at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.
    The gun fires a projectile with electricity, rather than gunpowder. A shell is launched at Mach 7 through the electromagnetic rails into the atmosphere for about one minute, flies out of the atmosphere for four minutes, and then descends to Earth toward its target at Mach 5 in approximately one minute. The projectile is guided using the Global Positioning System.
    In November, defense contractor BAE Systems delivered a 32-megajoule laboratory gun and launcher to the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren. A joule is the work needed to produce one watt of energy for one second — a megajoule is 1 million joules. Eventually, the Navy wants to produce a 64-megajoule railgun that will be able to hit targets on land from over 200 nautical miles away.
    The test firing Thursday will expend far less energy than the lab gun is designed to handle, but will exceed the eight megajoule output attained in a previous test.
    “More than 75 [railgun] firings have occurred at the Dahlgren facility this year, but this firing event is the next step forward in the development of this technology as the gun will be fired at over 10 [megajoules] of energy — a power level never before achieved by an [railgun],” according to a statement by the Office of Naval Research.
    The previous record of 9 megajoules is held by the Center for Electromagnetic Materials and Devices at the University of Texas, according to ONR. The Institute for Advanced Technology, also at the university, certifies electromagnetic railgun launches.
    As the Navy gun is tested, the amount of energy the gun uses is being increased, Roger Ellis, the EM railgun deputy program manager for ONR, told Navy Times in August 2007.
    The program wants to demonstrate more than 100 shots by fiscal 2011. The objective is to fire 3,000 rounds per gun barrel. The barrels should be changeable onboard ship, according to program officials.
    Officials say an EM railgun onboard a ship could increase ship design options because the gun weighs less and requires less infrastructure than traditional guns that use gunpowder and magazines.
    Traditional fire-protection and ammunition-handling requirements are not necessary using an electromagnetic-pulse power system, Ellis said.
    The end result could be a more cost-effective and highly lethal weapon, program manager Elizabeth D’Andrea said at an industry conference in August, adding that the railgun program strives to provide “missile ranges at bullet prices.”
    The Navy plans to have an EM railgun onboard a ship, potentially its next-generation cruiser CG(X), between 2020 and 2025.
    The Marine Corps is particularly interested in the EM railgun because it could provide high-speed, over-the-horizon fire support from the sea.
    http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/0..._test_080129w/

Yes | No

I can't believe no one said it before this, but that retarded reporter is gonna die of cancer. Not today, not tommorow, but some day soon.
    DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    I can't believe no one said it before this, but that retarded reporter is gonna die of cancer. Not today, not tommorow, but some day soon.
    I doubt it. He wasn't exposed to an ionising radiation source.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Aaranar
    Interesting. Now, name me a weapon that can't kill.
    Name a kitchen utensil that can't kill.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

straw

Yes | No

Cake-icing bag.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Egg-whisk.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

coffee filter