Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimbabwe runs out of bread

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Zimbabwe runs out of bread

How would you fix this ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/zimbabwe/a...181086,00.html

Before anybody gets concerned about the articles stark comparison of the performance of black farmers vs. white farmers, I'm pretty sure no race-baiting was intended here. The Guardian is a very liberal-leaning brit newspaper and the real problem isn't 'black' vs. 'white' farmers, it's 'unemployed friends of the governing party' vs 'people with generations of experience running farms'.

I wish other more respected leaders in Africa would stop supporting Mugabe just because he has this 'look I really stuck it to the colonists' stance. He's hurting black people as much as he's hurting the white descendants of European colonists. I should also note that AIUI some of those white farmers aren't descended from people who took that land by force, they are people who arrived during the last few decades and paid for their land in open trade. They're all getting evicted regardless.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Registered Member noob kismasher's Avatar

Yes | No

Zimbabwe is also a textbook example of the effects of price ceilings.

And, we see what happens when we have forced redistribution of means of production to a less efficient and knowledgeable proprietor.

But, It's fair and equal right? Right?

Zendetta

Yes | No

I asked my Shona friend (the tribe from Zimbabwe that makes those lovely statues) Fadzo about Mugabe. The pained look on her face said it all.

Wanna fight punk? Put jacket on first plz, kthx. Lu Tze's Avatar

Yes | No

Mugabe's economic policies are working great, everyone in Zimbabwe is a millionaire now. That's good right?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Mugabe's economic policies are working great, everyone in Zimbabwe is a millionaire now. That's good right?
    Yes. Now all they need the right surveillance equipment and weaponry to catch the traitors who are stealing all the wheat.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

That we have starvation on this planet makes me sick to my stomach and brings out all the worst feelings in me.

Zendetta

Yes | No

That kind of affluence means you never have to worry about running out of toilet paper.

Yes | No

word. i just bought 400 million Zimbabo's for $0.38. they're constructing my beach house as we speak, of course, i'll never be able to visit but i'm sure i'll get postcards and such.

Yes | No

I almost feel sorry for the dumb bastard for being too stupid to understand why you can't get rich by just printing more money.

He made it illegal to put up prices recently. That'll fucking show them.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    Zimbabwe is also a textbook example of the effects of price ceilings.

god damn, you'd think this guy might know something about economic policy and its ramifications. too bad he's too busy (doesn't care enough) to actually post worthwhile stuff.