Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran president requests to visit Ground Zero, politicians say F*** No!

Yes | No

Default Iran president requests to visit Ground Zero, politicians say F*** No!

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/19...ero/index.html

This really blew me away when I read this. Granted the guy is fairly nuts, but this would have been one hell of a step forward in advancing relations between the two countries. American Politicians are so fuckin short sighted.

What they should have done is allowed him to come to New York, which could have led to a top level meeting between the two leaders of the countries. This is the only fuckin way that anything over there is gonna be solved, by meeting and discussing shit. Instead the US is slamming any chance of this. Sure Ahmadinejah probably would have turned it into his own propaghanda thing, but think of the the oppurtunity for the US to do the same!

"President of Iran paying his respects at Ground Zero".

Just think how that would have been felt in the muslim world? That's huge! That would have driven a HUGE wedge between Iran and Anti-US terrorist groups. You think they are gonna come ask him for help after that? He would have been basically declaring himself a US sympathizer to all the other fundamentalist Muslims out there.

The leader of the Biggest Sunni country in the world paying his respects to dead Americans. That would have been a HUGE propaghanda victory for the US. Instead they turn down a man requesting to give his respects to the dead. Ya, that makes you look very compassionate.

What's that you say? Iran supports Iraqi insurgent groups killing Americans? America has been doing the same thing in Iran for decades, what's your point? Not only that, how do you think you're going to get him to stop? By talking face to face with him!

Oh, and Iran also doesn't like Israel? Join the fuckin club. Neither does Saudi Arabia, we still let them visit all the time.

Iran had nothing to do with 9/11, and afterwards they helped hunt Al-Queda in their own country (granted they had an interest in this as well).

They sponsor the conflicts centered around Israel? So fucking what. So does the US and dozens of other countries.

This could have been made into a huge victory for the US, but they are too chicken shit and too proud to realise that. They would much rather push Iran into a war, or try to isolate them like they tried with Cuba, than to actually try to solve anything.
    "Pranksters and LARPists write or call in threats. Guys like me claim responsibility.

-SFGoon.

"I can teach libs to love guns faster then I can teach cons to think, it seems."

-JohnnyCache

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

You know why it was refused.
    It's like a klan member asking to visit the NAACP.

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Hell, we don't want no tin pot raghead dictators posting on this forum anyways.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by THX-1138
    You know why it was refused.
    It's like a klan member asking to visit the NAACP.
    The Bush administration has already decided they want to invade and they don't want to be distracted by somebody trying to give them a reason not to.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

he should be allowed to visit geround zero, and then be buried alive in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The people
    So is Lebell a mod yet?

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    The Bush administration has already decided they want to invade and they don't want to be distracted by somebody trying to give them a reason not to.
    So it's more like Bush asking Cheney if he can make presidential decisions?

I suck Rudy Abel's Dick, I love the taste. emboesso's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/19...ero/index.html

This really blew me away when I read this. Granted the guy is fairly nuts, but this would have been one hell of a step forward in advancing relations between the two countries. American Politicians are so fuckin short sighted.

What they should have done is allowed him to come to New York, which could have led to a top level meeting between the two leaders of the countries. This is the only fuckin way that anything over there is gonna be solved, by meeting and discussing shit. Instead the US is slamming any chance of this. Sure Ahmadinejah probably would have turned it into his own propaghanda thing, but think of the the oppurtunity for the US to do the same!
    ehhh, did you read the link at all? As in, the very first line?

City officials in New York have denied Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's request to visit the site of the destroyed World Trade Center next week, a police spokesman said Wednesday.
    It wasn't the federal gov't that reached this decision, but the local government.

I think they should have taken him to Ground Zero, via the Holocaust Museum which is only a few blocks away. Let him walk through that museum for an hour and then come outside and explain to the press how the Holocaust is a hoax.

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

It's a PR stunt by a reprehensible little shit of a man. By denying him access, New York did the right thing. Although, it would be better if he'd asked permission to lie on the ground while a procession of footballers took turns kicking him in the nuts. I'm sure they'd have agreed to that.

how do robot Supporting Member Arhetton's Avatar

Yes | No

I agree with cullion but it didn't stop me loling at the whole situation

how do robot Supporting Member Arhetton's Avatar

Yes | No

and yes, 9/11 was horrible etc etc

but please, I bet an american made this video

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1wNLEGQ30

warning: possibly very offensive to everyone
    Last edited by Arhetton; 20th September 07 at 09:27 AM.