Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Governor Shwarzenegger: Would he get your vote?

Yes | No

I'm thoroughly convinced that one doesn't need to be so qualified to be a good governor. Look at all the qualifications Gray Davis had and what a clusterfuck of a job he did here.

I'd relish the chance to finally get to vote for someone I respect and whom I've heard of sooner than 6 months before election time. Really it's about being a good leader and delegating responsibility wisely, which anybody with good people skills can do. I know Arnie has good people skills and garners respect. I hope he runs; he's got my vote.

LLL

Yes | No

Please do not vote for him. In Finland some cracksmokers got Tony Halme (of WWF/UFC fame) into the parliament... The results are something... Interesting...

Yes | No

Gray Davis is an obsolete model.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Yes | No

If we're gonna have a fuckup in office he might as well be entertaining. I'll vote for him.

Yes | No

Sure! Let's all vote for an uber-body-building, ham-fisted actor (apparently incapable of demonstrating emotional range beyond surprise and anger, both of which may serve him well as governor), who is also a registered Republican of Austrian birth and upbringing, married to a minor Kennedy, that happens to be a major news-anchor. Sounds like it can't go wrong! Go for it!
    The Artist Formerly Known as Zaxum
    Planetside Junkie

Phoenix

Yes | No

If Schwarzenegger ran for office, that would show major guts on his part.

Just given all that Fighty just mentioned, plus all the other dirt that certain media figures will no doubt dig up on him, it'd be a media circus.

To run for office would equate to presenting his balls for a swift kicking by the public.

"You can't cast aspersions on someone because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say something bad about him." - Jerry Seinfeld

Yes | No

Yeah it's a pretty big gamble. His career still has potency left though. He looked incredible in T3.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Yes | No

He'd be fine. A guy like Arnold would take any criticism with a smile and get even more votes for having a good sense of humor about it.

Yes | No

If I have to choose between a killer robot from the future and a non-killer fundraising robot, I'm going for the one with better catchphrases.

Humans rule. Dolphins can suck it.

Yes | No

cybernetic organism

-- George Bernard Shaw