Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop chokes/wrestles skateboarders: caught on tape

Yes | No

Cop chokes/wrestles skateboarders: caught on tape

Video Shows Hot Springs Officer Choking, Wrestling Skateboarders

Hot Springs (AP) - Video from the popular internet web site YouTube that was posted by one of six people arrested for skateboarding in downtown hot springs is causing quiet a stir.

Hot Springs police say the skateboarders were in violation of a city ordinance. Now three minors and three adults are facing charges, and the officer who arrested them is on administrative leave.

The video--which was shot by one of the skateboarders, and captured almost the entire incident--was posted on YouTube Monday, and has already gotten more than 30,000 hits.

The kids who were arrested say they were just celebrating National Go Skateboarding Day last Thursday, but police say they were breaking the law.

(Matt McCormack, Arrested for Skateboarding) "He grabbed a kid from around his back by the neck and took him to the ground and choked him."

(Skylar Nalls, Arrested for Skateboarding) "The kid didn't know that he was coming after him. He kind of just grabbed him from behind and took him to the ground and started choking him."

Skylar Nalls first ran toward his friend, snapping still photos, before the 19-year-old Nalls is seen on the video running away from the officer.

(Nalls) "He looked up at me and pointed and he said, 'hey you, come here." And then out of instinct, I just ran."

Officer Joseph Williams gave up on chasing Nalls, but held on to the 13-year old.

Now that so many people have seen the incident on YouTube, the Hot Springs Police Department is being forced to take a strong look at one of their own.

(Officer McCrary Means, Hot Springs Police Dept.) "There is a flood of phone calls and emails...right now there is an investigation of the officer involved in the incident."

Two of the juveniles are under house arrest because it's their second time skateboarding on city sidewalks.

-----------------------------------

Link.

YouTube vid:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6AYVn2yw4

D00DZ, IT'S ONLY SKATEBOARDING!

Teh El Macho

Yes | No

Stupid kids. They resisted, ran and interefered. What could have been just a warning or citation ended up being what it was because of their stupidity.

WhiteShark

Yes | No

I didn't know it was actually a crime to just skate down the street. That is pretty screwed up.

Nice Miranda there too...
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 27th June 07 at 11:08 AM.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Stupid kids. They resisted, ran and interefered. What could have been just a warning or citation ended up being what it was because of their stupidity.
    So choking a 13-year old is okay?

Registered Member Fearless Ukemi's Avatar

Yes | No

Skateboarding is a crime now?

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

In some places, yes. Just like you can't drive a car on the sidewalk, there are some places that are too crowded and riding a bike/rollerblades/skateboard creates a hazard.

Yes | No

what did i just hear?

"i told you to stop, and you didn't that's fleeing. and disorderly conduct."

those kids still don't get it. i think the cop explained himself prety well.

here's a Security guy working for a company i used to work for at a building just down the street from me harassing some beligerent skateboarders. we should get tasers for this shit.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilhcNXfN6vc

Fuck skateboarders anyway. BMX rules, bitches!
    Last edited by Neildo; 27th June 07 at 12:00 PM.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    So choking a 13-year old is okay?
    In public it's probably more preferrable to an arm-bar or a Vulgar Boatman .
    Thank GOD I'm an Atheist .

I suck Rudy Abel's Dick, I love the taste. emboesso's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Nice Miranda there too...
    didn't watch the vid, on dial up at the moment.

Cops don't have to read Miranda for every arrest. That's a big of an urban TV drama myth.

They only have to read Miranda after the arrest and before interrogation.

Dagon Akujin

Yes | No

I got that video yesterday and was invited to complain about the police there:

Hot Springs Arkansas Police Department
    Phone: (501) 321-6789
    Fax: (501) 321-6708
    Chief of Police, Bobby Southard
    Email: [email protected]
    641 Malvern Avenue Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901

I've seen cops do some pretty insane shit. It always amazes me when a 250 lbs. man has to manhandle a kid who isn't even old enough to drive and weighs half as much. I could tell a bunch of stupid cop stories, but I am le tired.

Fire ze missiles.

Dagon