Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US evangelist Jerry Falwell dies

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    What kind of feminism? There are three kinds remember?
    There's basically only one type of feminism as far as I'm concerned: a fascist ideology that seeks to grab more power for its members, at the expense of everyone else, including non-feminist women. When you listen to feminists, all they really want is to reshape society and the world at large to conform to their feminist ideals and principles. In many cases feminism is an outright hate movement againts men.

Yes | No

Default US evangelist Jerry Falwell dies

i was surprised to see that no one had mentioned the death of this bloke on sociocide.

United States evangelist Jerry Falwell, a leader of the religious right who battled in the political arena against abortion and homosexuality, died on Tuesday (local time) after collapsing in his Virginia office.

Falwell, 73, was found unconscious in his office and was taken to a nearby hospital. He had a history of congestive heart problems.

"Dr Falwell was found unconscious without a heartbeat at his office today at Liberty University around 11:30 am by his associates," Dr Carl Moore, his personal physician, told a news conference.

Falwell founded the Thomas Road Baptist Church in his hometown of Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1956 and rose to be one of the most prominent figures in the religious right, a powerful movement that seeks to redraw public policy along Christian lines.

He founded Liberty University in 1971 - a conservative centre of higher learning - and in 1979 started the Moral Majority organisation, which became a major vehicle for getting out the vote for the Republican Party.

He disbanded the Moral Majority in 1989 but it was resurrected as the Moral Majority Coalition, with an explicit political purpose, after President George W Bush's re-election in 2004.

With his gray hair and heavy jowls, Falwell was a familiar face on the televangelist circuit, while his views on a range of social issues firmly placed him on the far right of the American political spectrum.

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley recalled Falwell's long influence on US politics.

"He became a leading voice by the time of Ronald Reagan's emergence in 1980 and the whole concept of family values was adopted by the Republican Party," Mr Brinkley told Fox News.

"There's not a conservative in America that hasn't taken Jerry Falwell seriously. Liberty University's become a bellwether spot, a place where if you're going to be a real conservative and get the conservative vote, you have to go spend a day with Reverend Falwell."

Ronald Godwin, executive vice president at Liberty University, said he had eaten breakfast with Falwell on Tuesday morning.

"He was found unconscious where he was working in his office ... Everything possible that could be done was done in a very timely way," Mr Godwin said.

"He has left instructions to those of us who have to carry on and we will be faithful to those plans."

- Reuters
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...5/s1924046.htm

in my opinion he was an extremist fuckstain and i can't say i'll miss him.

a couple of my favourite quotes:

"I think Muhammad was a terrorist. I read enough by both Muslims and non-Muslims, [to decide] that he was a violent man, a man of war."

"You've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I am for the Presidentóchase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

Jimmy Carter's "message of peace and reconciliation under almost all circumstances is simply incompatible with Christian teachings as I interpret them. This 'turn the other cheek' business is all well and good but it's not what Jesus fought and died for. What we need to do is take the battle to the Muslim heathens and do unto them before they do unto us."

an old joke from hustler:

enough from me, i'm off to work...
    Last edited by danno; 16th May 07 at 03:19 AM.

Senior Member Photobucket Sun Wukong's Avatar

Yes | No

I didn't say anything before, though i thought about starting a thread about it earlier. I prefer not to speak ill of the dead, but, now that he's gone, I feel like the world is a better place.
    Hail Hydra!

In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence and loathing seizes him. - Nietzsche

Yes | No

Should be an interesting time when he *Meets his maker* and has to answer for all the years of fleecing the gullible and building Gaudy buildings in which to unleash his own virrulent form of *Christian terrorism* .
    Thank GOD I'm an Atheist .

Shawarma

Yes | No

I feel all warm inside at the thought that Jesus is most likely beating the shit out of that self-righteous old cock for prostituting him for his own gain for God knows how long.

Matsufubu

Yes | No

Fucker supported apartheid in South Africa. Let the bastard burn.

Yes | No

You mean like this?

Senior Member Photobucket Sun Wukong's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow, now that goes above and beyond the call of duty right there.
    Hail Hydra!

In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence and loathing seizes him. - Nietzsche

I suck Rudy Abel's Dick, I love the taste. emboesso's Avatar

Yes | No

I dunno. Personally I always feel better when a Kennedy gets iced.

Oh yeah, and Paul Wellstone in that plane crash? Damn near peed my pants.
    Last edited by emboesso; 16th May 07 at 02:42 PM.

Zendetta

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    in my opinion he was an extremist fuckstain and i can't say i'll miss him.
    Yeah, no shit. A more accurate thread title might have been "Moralizing Hypocrite Kicks Bucket, is Judged by Almighty, Burns in Hellfire Forever."

I don't usually like to speak ill of the dead, but this guy was a major player in the culture war that has fucked up my country so bad.