Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juxtaposing Media Coverage of Race

Yes | No

Default Juxtaposing Media Coverage of Race

Compare the coverage of the Duke Lacrosse case, Don Imus, or even the Jasper, TX dragging death to this:

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_ne...491934,00.html

Which is called "not a race issue" and "no hate crime charges will be made."

Hardly any national media coverage and barely any local coverage. Reverse the skin colors and you'd never hear the end of it.

Nope, there's no double standard and no agenda. Not at all.

Brief summary of what happened to them:

Female tortured and repeatedly raped for a period of two days by five black assailants.

Female's breasts cut from body while still alive.

Toxic cleaning fluid poured down her throat to destroy DNA evidence.

Boyfriend was tortured and forced to watch the rape and torture of Channon.

While still alive, they cut off his penis.

Chris was shot multiple times, bound and his body wrapped in bedding and set on fire.

Channon was chopped up and thrown in a trash can.

Zendetta

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ouden
    Nope, there's no double standard and no agenda. Not at all.
    Double Standard? Frequently, and disgusting. The answer is open and honest dialogue. I don't think you are interested in open and honest dialogue with black people, or you might have juxtaposed those articles with post-Katrina media of white people "finding supplies" and black people "looting"

Agenda? No, thats a paranoid fantasy of backwards losers who unfortunately missed out on the "White Race's" greatest acheivement.

Yes | No

Yeah, that's a pretty fucking horrible story, and if the races were reversed I wouldn't be surprised to have heard more about it.

That I acknowledge that double standard should not be taken as some sort of approval of the Stormfront crowd.

Yes | No

Kind of like the discussion Stick and I had last night.

We are constantly reminded by the media that the VT shooter was "South Korean"...or "an immigrant". The kid spend most of his life in NOVA. He's not from Seoul. He's from Fairfax.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Kind of like the discussion Stick and I had last night.

We are constantly reminded by the media that the VT shooter was "South Korean"...or "an immigrant". The kid spend most of his life in NOVA. He's not from Seoul. He's from Fairfax.
    Let's not play up the Fairfax thing too much...I live in Fairfax.

And Zendetta win's for the Katrina memories.

Yes | No

Then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Agreed on Zendetta's win.

Yes | No

So a couple of words being different during Katrina for White/Black outweighs a near complete media blackout of brutal hate crimes. Gotcha.

Granted the Katrina thing was stupid, although I only saw a couple of pictures that had captions in that manner. And Zendetta I am actually interested in open and honest dialogue with black people...although it's not really "black" people that are the problem, it's the media bosses.

This is not the first rape/torture/murder that has been covered up in the manner of these Knoxville Murders. Look up the Carr brothers and the Wichita Massacre as well.

Zendetta

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ouden
    Gotcha.
    You ain't got shit, Nazi.

The Katrina thing is an especially potent example, because similiar images were protrayed as acceptable in the case of whites, and criminal in the case of blacks, when the journalists had no info other than the images and their own prejudices.

Your attempt to gloss over this while discussing "juxtaposition" of media images speaks volumes about your so-called "honesty".

At least thats my opinion, but then again I'm pretty prejudiced against Nazis, race-baiters, and Hitler nut-riders.

Out here, a recent cause celebre was Crips founder Tookie Williams.

Leading up to his execution he was widely embraced by lefty types out here in California. Thing is, he picked some of his murder victims because they were white, and referred to the asian victims of his brutal murders as "Buddha Heads".

So while all the Berkeley Activists Types were all "Save Tookie!", my take was "Fuck Tookie. He is a bigoted murderer guilty of deadly hate crimes, and you have no business lionizing him."

Just like you, a sHitler Fan, have no business complaining about the misuse of media for propaganda purposes.

Registered Member billy sol hurok's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Out here, a recent cause celebre was Crips founder Tookie Williams.

Leading up to his execution he was widely embraced by lefty types out here in California. Thing is, he picked some of his murder victims because they were white, and referred to the asian victims of his brutal murders as "Buddha Heads".

So while all the Berkeley Activists Types were all "Save Tookie!", my take was "Fuck Tookie. He is a bigoted murderer guilty of deadly hate crimes, and you have no business lionizing him."
    Yeah, fucking tookie.

That was when some smartass reported pwnt Jesse Jackson by asking him to name just one of Tookie's victims.

Was trying to source that, and came across these photos from the protest. What a fucking sideshow!

Yes | No

Racism exists. It is not unique to white culture or black culture. You as a person have a choice on how you respond to racism. You can respond to racism with racism with an eye for an eye mentality, or you can break the chain of hate, turn the other cheek, and try to heal the world.

You stormfront fuckers just use black racism as an excuse for being racists. The failings of others are no excuse for your own failings, so climb down from your trees and try a little cultural evolution.

Edit:

Unfortunately racism will always exist because it is a social construct based on primitive fears of "the other." And you can always find reasons to divide people.

When Europeans lacked blacks, asians, etc. to hate, they hated each other, French versus Germans versus English, with deep rooted racial hatreds. When the Scottish didn't have the English to hate, they divided readily into clans, each with its own sense of racial superiority to the other clans.

You can keep subdividing ad infitum, and always find new reasons to hate.

Stupid humanity.
    Last edited by frumpleswift; 20th April 07 at 05:08 PM.