Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS IS SPARTAAAAA! Or, of on-line petitions and touchy Persians

Yes | No

THIS IS SPARTAAAAA! Or, of on-line petitions and touchy Persians

So I was surfing along the information super high way, minding my own business, when out of the blue I was attacked by this link!

"300, an unethical movie picture"

Having recently seen- nay, basked in the glory of 300, I felt compelled to check this out. And this, this is what I read:

To: Warner Bros. Pictures Company
    Cc: Zack Snyder (director)

Dear Warner Bros. Picture Company,

We the undersigned, through this letter, protest your irresponsible, unethical and unscientific actions.

This letter is in concern of making the movie, 300 by your company, which, according to all historical documents, is fraudulent and distorted, and its broadcast guarantees the violation of undeniable international legal rights.

It is a proven scholarly fact that the Persian Empire in 480 B.C was the most magnificent and civilized empire. Established by the Cyrus the great, the writer of the first human right declaration, Persians ruled over significant portions of Greater Iran, the east modern Afghanistan and beyond into central Asia; in the north and west all of Asia Minor (modern Turkey), the upper Balkans peninsula (Thrace), and most of the Black Sea coastal regions; in the west and southwest the territories of modern Iraq, northern Saudi-Arabia, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, all significant population centers of ancient Egypt and as far west as portions of Libya. Having twenty nations under control, encompassing approximately 7.5 million square kilometers, unquestionably the Achaemenid Empire was territorially the largest empire of classical antiquity.

Based on the Zoroastrian doctrine, it was the strong emphasis on honesty and integrity that gave the ancient Persians credibility to rule the world, even in the eyes of the people belonging to the conquered nations (Herodotus, mid 5th century B.C). Truth for the sake of truth, was the universal motto and the very core of the Persian culture that was followed not only by the great kings, but even the ordinary Persians made it a point to adhere to this code of conduct.

We did not expect Warner Bros. Picture company, as one of the world's largest producers of film and television entertainment to ignore the proven obvious historical facts, and damage its own reputation by showing the Persian army at the battle of Thermopylae as some monstrous savages, and thus create an atmosphere of public mistrust in its content, and hurt the national pride of the millions of Persians while doing so.

While announcing our disgust at such a heresy, we demand an immediate historical review and quick apology from the responsible people.

Sincerely,
    The Undersigned

Needless to say I was outraged- OUTRAGED, I SAY!

So, being the man of sound mind and body that I am, and well versed in this our information super age, I responded in kind.

My response reads as follows:

To: Dr. Hamed Vahdati Nasab, etc.

We, the undersigned, being of sound mind and body do hereby freely declare with no reservation or purpose of evasion that all of the undersigned attached to the "300, an unethical movie picture" petition located at this URL:

http://www.petitiononline.com/wpci96c/petition.html

are well and truly whiny, little cry babies incapable of distinguishing a movie based upon a comic book which was itself based upon a movie from a historic reenactment.

Sincerely,
    The Undersigned

Good, free men (and women) of Sociocide, affix your signature to this valiant electronic stand against a horde of some 36,000+ blubbering fools, and let the world know that you will not tolerate their politically correct tyranny!

In conclusion, on-line petitions are a huge waste of time.
    Last edited by Stick; 15th March 07 at 04:42 PM.

Yes | No

Done, done, and done.

Yes | No

Have those idiots even watched the movie? Cause if they did, they would realize that the story was being told from the POV of the last Spartan thus it makes sense that he would exaggerate and demonize the enemy.

Quick! Someone post the WAAHHHMMMBULANCE pic!

Yes | No

Come on guys, get the word out.

We need 300 signatures!

Yes | No

Why not get mad at Frank Miller? Silly Iranians.

I read that story and considered posting it here. I like the direction you've taken it.

Cheers.

Yes | No

Who are the pussies who didn't use their real names?

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Ok, I signed it but if we don't get at least 300 sigs I'm not standing shoulder to shoulder with you goons.

Does anyone have some armour I can borrow? The thought of sharp metal piercing my tender flesh makes me shudder. Ugh.

Yes | No

Haven't seen the movie yet.

Yes, I signed anyway.

Yes | No

Fine, fine, I'll sign your petition....

Veritas et Lux!
    Jimmy The Hutt

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm not going to see the movie.

I signed anyway.