Thread: Oscars!!!!

Yes | No

Default Oscars!!!!

I feel great. All the money I lost on poker night. I got back on Oscar night. I locked up all the best actor and actress categories, but I got pwned in the technical category.

Das Results.

Highlights:

The pilobolus dancers doing the oscar statue.

"Visual effects. It allows us to see aliens, experience other universes, move in slow motion, or watch giant spider climb across cityscapes. For me, that was regular night in the mid-nineties." -Rober Downey Jr. presenting best visual effects

"And here are five really depressing films." - Jerry Seinfeld presenting for
    best documentary

This little jem one the best live action short.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwwewWGGss

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BwwewWGGss
    Last edited by Stick; 26th February 07 at 10:57 AM.

Shawarma

Yes | No

Fuck the Oscars. Ever since awarding Titanic Oscars up the ass and awarding Oscars to Halle Berry and Cuba Pansy Junior by virtue of them being black the Oscars have been meaningless to a point never seen before.

It sounds like they awarded the right foreign film the Oscar though. Das Leben der Anderen is supposed to be a fantastic piece of filmmaking.

Registered Member billy sol hurok's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Fuck the Oscars. Ever since awarding Titanic Oscars up the ass and awarding Oscars to Halle Berry and Cuba Pansy Junior by virtue of them being black the Oscars have been meaningless to a point never seen before.

It sounds like they awarded the right foreign film the Oscar though. Das Leben der Anderen is supposed to be a fantastic piece of filmmaking.
    How about 1981, when Raging Bull lost out to Ordinary People for Best Picture, and Scorsese lost Best Director to Robert Redford (Ordinary People)? Oh yeah, and Pesci got dissed on Supporting Actor in favor of Timothy Hutton (Ordinary People again).

Yes | No

Well that's interesting Shawarma, because they were ALL "supposed" to be great pieces of filmmaking, depending on who you listen to. I so loved these awards; the only telltale sign of Hollywood meaninglessness I saw was in Click being nominated for best makeup, because the entire movie was a bullshit wank.
    Babel, Departed, Letters From Iwo Jima, actors like Forrest Whittaker (and his speech was awe-inspiring to watch) and actresses like Judy Dench and Meryl Streep... all the nominees were fitting. Hooray for Oscar!

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma

I think you meant Denzel..ahem..Training Day. I do agree. Halle Berry should have gotten something for fucking Billy Bob, but not an Oscar.

Shawarma

Yes | No

Cuba Goody Two-Shoes won an Oscar too. But you have a point - Denzel Washington sucks as well.

Yes | No

I know from personal experience. If the Academy didn't fucked up severely in one category or another then I wouldn't watch it. The only reason I saw Halle Berry get the Oscar was because she played the race card the week before.