Thread: Samurai Jack meets the Spartans

MaverickZ

Yes | No

Default Samurai Jack meets the Spartans

So I just recently remembered that there was an episode of Samurai Jack that featured Spartans who are destined to protect a passage. A reference to Thermopylae. It's a good one.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naD2ZVyDWKM

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0qURcxK0M

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KGoJHw2J68

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXWko0OLBMY

Yes | No

There is no reason whatsoever for this to not be in the Video&MP3s forum. You should know better.

Moved.

Yes | No

Im surprised he got along so well with them i mean...doesn't Jack have really really strict ethics?

NOt that the spartans didn't, they did.

But the whole babies off the cliffs thing probably wouldn't sit well with Jack.

I guess im analyzing a kid's show too deep.

Sirc

Yes | No

What the fuck was up with that gay rap song? Otherwise I love Samurai Jack, I even have his GC game. It's pretty cool.

Yes | No

You have a Gamecube? WTFGAY?
    DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Im surprised he got along so well with them i mean...doesn't Jack have really really strict ethics?

NOt that the spartans didn't, they did.

But the whole babies off the cliffs thing probably wouldn't sit well with Jack.

I guess im analyzing a kid's show too deep.
    Considering that historically samurai tested their swords on criminals- criminals often guilty of no more than petty theft-, had full reign to behead peasants who did not bow quickly enough, it was common practice to kill the entire family of an enemy- including babies- ya know, I'll just stop there.

It's safe to say that on Cartoon Network's show where Jack the samurai has the ethics/morals of a 21st century American that the Spartans on the same show are equally enlightened.

Yes | No

i guess, especially since they also have demons and robots.

Yeah too much stupid thought on my part.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Comet
    Considering that historically samurai tested their swords on criminals- criminals often guilty of no more than petty theft-, had full reign to behead peasants who did not bow quickly enough, it was common practice to kill the entire family of an enemy- including babies- ya know, I'll just stop there.

It's safe to say that on Cartoon Network's show where Jack the samurai has the ethics/morals of a 21st century American that the Spartans on the same show are equally enlightened.

Though i would like to add that the samurai sword testing on criminals guilty of stupid ass crimes was seen as corruption even in those days, only that no one could do anything about it or tried.

While the baby killing thing in sparta was widely accepted.

But me making that comparison is pretty stupid, an entire society i guess cannot be defined by shit like this, saying one society is more ethicial then another depends on the time period i guess and the circumstances.