Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while. Supporting Member Iscariot's Avatar

Yes | No

Technology and Internet Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6clFVGiAhU[/MEDIA]
    Yes, I know this should be in Geekdom, but I don't have posting privileges for there, and this has a video, so it can go here.

The third game in the Tiberium series will shortly be upon us. And the promo material has begun to appear.

The video details most of the updates to the continuity. Making a welcomed return is FMV cutscenes, EA learnt from Generals. Returning are the two major protagonists from the earlier games, the Global Defence Initiative and The Brotherhood of Nod to fight in a world now seriously infected with Tiberium.

A plot summary:
    The story begins in 2047 (around 16-17 years after the events of Firestorm), and the spread of Tiberium continues to destroy the Earth. The world has been divided into different zones. 30% of the Earth's surface is Tiberium-infested and inhospitable "Red Zones", 50% of the Earth is "Yellow Zones", areas where Nod is present and where Tiberium hasn't fully taken hold but is already encroaching on the population, and the remaing 20% of the Earth is "Blue Zones", where it is safe to live and where GDI is present. GDI is still trying to prevent the spread of Tiberium and convert the Yellow Zones to Blue Zones.

In March, Nod fires a nuclear missile at GDI's orbiting headquarters, the Philadelphia, destroying the fulcrum of GDI's military power. Since the end of the Second Tiberium War, Nod has built up its influence and its military potential into superpower status, and is now supported by the majority of the world's population through aid and propaganda, among others. In no shape to handle the Nod offensives led by Black Hand shock troops around the globe, GDI field commanders take charge directly, rallying their demoralized troops, hoping to win a new victory over Nod.

A third faction will also make an appearance, though possible as with Firestorm and Yuri's Revenge in an expansion pack. There as many possibilities for this new faction; the remenant of CABAL's forces from Firestorm, the Forgotten - humans mutated by Tiberium, or it could be an entirely new faction. Current fan opinion is that this third faction will be the infamous Scrin that were hinted at in the last game. Leaked artwork, named 'Scrin Primal' seems to support this theory.

It will be interesting to see what EA do to the main C+C continuity, this being the first game in the Tiberium universe since they took over Westwood. I'm actually glad they're doing this first so they can make mistakes here rather than in the Red Alert universe that I enjoy more.

It's just a shame it'll be about five years til I can get a PC good enough to play this game.......

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while. Supporting Member Iscariot's Avatar

Yes | No

Default You can't kill The Messiah.......

.....no matter how hard you try!
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6haLiijsNDc[/MEDIA]

Yes | No

MaverickZ

Yes | No

If they bring back the discus throwers, I'm sold.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    If they bring back the discus throwers, I'm sold.
    Not explicitly, but there is a unit called 'GDI Grenadier' which might be an evolution of the Disc Thrower.

Yes | No

The first strategy game i ever played was Command and conquer.

I loved it.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

First strategy game I played was the original Civilization.

Later I played C&C, said "this is shit", and uninstalled it.

Osiris

Yes | No

C&C is awesome. Tiberian Sun was tied down by old tech and design, but strategically speaking, it was quite deep. What made it great was that both sides were tough as fuck to actually kill, but you could cripple them with ease. This, combined with the ease of expansion, made for a lot of back and forth action and some nasty suprises. I might have my power apparantly knocked out and catch a giant tank rush, but EMP them and counter with a bomber raid from my hidden base on top of a cliff. Lot of fun. Awesome series.

Yes | No

What do you guys think of red alert?

I think it started off great with a great concept.

But i think they crapified it after the second game, made it really really cheesy.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    What do you guys think of red alert?

I think it started off great with a great concept.

But i think they crapified it after the second game, made it really really cheesy.
    I enjoyed RA2, and the expansion. It's the only one of the game I still play semi-regularly. Yes the story was a bit cheesy in parts, but it was done for good fun and worked well.