Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 1,921 to 1,927 of 1927

Thread: What books are you currently reading

Hermetic Syntactical Disruptorize's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Yes I did, but I'm me. You cannot possibly have wasted any part of your life on him, right??!
    Bad news there, hon.
    You know where you'll find sympathy: In the dictionary, between "syphilis" and "suicide".

Squealer & Crybaby & Golddigger Harpy's Avatar

Yes | No

The hole in my fantasy seeking brain has been plugged after I finished Raven's Shadow (2013, author Anthony Ryan) this Christmas long weekend. Have the second book Tower Lord and afraid to start reading as I know I'll lose myself in it - and I don't have time!

Just the right balance of dark hero (a little too virtuous for my liking), unlikely brotherhood, a hint of magic and a whole lot of surviving great odds.

Not quite there with bleakness though, don't think I can handle anymore Janny Wurts though it has been a decade since I've touched her books.
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    The hole in my fantasy seeking brain has been plugged after I finished Raven's Shadow (2013, author Anthony Ryan) this Christmas long weekend. Have the second book Tower Lord and afraid to start reading as I know I'll lose myself in it - and I don't have time!

Just the right balance of dark hero (a little too virtuous for my liking), unlikely brotherhood, a hint of magic and a whole lot of surviving great odds.

Not quite there with bleakness though, don't think I can handle anymore Janny Wurts though it has been a decade since I've touched her books.

Sounds good. Is there sex? I like some raunch in my fiction.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

The story revolves around the hero Vaelin who is of the Sixth Order (assassins) and pretty much a bunch of male virgins. The threads where love motivates action, angst are primarily tied to familial love. Romance in this book is subtly treated and of the purest variety, helps keep the focus on all the killing ;)

Yes | No

^ finished the trilogy, it became messy by the third book. A little disjointed, overwrought, page-filling detail that didn't drive the story. But its saving grace was that the author didn't pull any punches with his key character's inner journey and the cost of living his truth.

DO NOT READ.

* Okay, to be fair I don't mind having known some of the characters and they will linger awhile in my trash filled brain.
    Last edited by Harpy; 2nd January 18 at 05:02 AM.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

...And the Lord created greed, and saw that it was good. Gekkosis 1:31
    Think irony