Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music of the week yada yada

Yes | No

Default Music of the week yada yada

Ok just downloaded the torrent for the new arch enemy cd "Doomsday Machine" and all i can say is WOW. So much guitar and drum work its insane. And of course sticking true with arch enemys sound they throw in alot of the cool melodic licks as well. I suggest picking this one up. Also you may enjoy....

Arch Enemy - Nemesis
    Killswitch Engage - Rose of Sharyn
    Killswitch Engage - The element of one
    Still Remains - White Walls
    Within Temptation - Angels

All those listed above are singles not albums.
    The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
    - Oscar Wilde

Chairman of the Bored Nikalos_2's Avatar

Yes | No

Clutch - Blast Tyrant
    The Best of Taj Mahal
    Ice Cube - The Predator
    Dickey Betts - Highway Call

Yes | No

the last 2 weeks or so, been listening to an experimental piece.

90 mins of a square note, with some Brain-Damaged Homeless people hooting and trying to do spoken word as lyrics.

Quite catchy .....
    Thank GOD I'm an Atheist .

Yes | No

Clutch - All, mostly Pure Rock Fury, though, how can you argue with Blast Tyrant. I have not had a chance with the New Album yet, which annoys me, but I will remedy that this week.

Opeth- Ghost Reveries....new album, drops the 30th..same day as Coldplay concert here outside of Detroit...great great great shit. I do not like it as much as Deliverance, or My Arms, Your Hearse...but it is great.

Misc...nothing too new, Remedy by Seether has me by the balls a lil bit.

I am sure one of my mates will have or have talked about the new Arch Enemy, so I may hear that before the week is done.
    Forty years I've been at sea. A war at sea. A war with no battles, no monuments... only casualties

-<>-

Yes | No

Band Name Only Cool People Know About - Song Name Divined Through Fridge Magnets.

Paragraph about how I'm so much cooler than the average audiophile, my band of choice is so very hip, and all the bands that they sound like - but are way cooler than.

Yes | No

Take 2 midol and call me in the morning - My threads are cool and yours are not.
    I lurk, therefore I am not.

Yes | No

monkey monkey monkey!
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Xioxou
    Band Name Only Cool People Know About - Song Name Divined Through Fridge Magnets.

Paragraph about how I'm so much cooler than the average audiophile, my band of choice is so very hip, and all the bands that they sound like - but are way cooler than.
    +1
    It's complicated,
    this time I think it could be,
    triangulated

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Xioxou

Xioxou wins the thread. Reading the first two posts I was just thinking "I've never even heard of these wankers". Well except Ice Cube.

Chairman of the Bored Nikalos_2's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok
    Xioxou wins the thread. Reading the first two posts I was just thinking "I've never even heard of these wankers". Well except Ice Cube.
    Dickey Betts was the guitarist for The Allman Brothers Band... he wrote damn near all their hits. If he read these boards, he would come down to where you live(Perhaps he'll be heading Southbound?), smash a Cordizon D bottle on your face (Because thats what a Ramblin' Man does), keep the neck, and play the most beautiful Ge-tar solo (Jessica) you will ever hear in your life.(But not for you, only In the Memory of Elizabeth Reed)