Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some European newspapers less than enthusiastic about Bush re-election

Yes | No

Default Some European newspapers less than enthusiastic about Bush re-election

http://cbs5.com/news/ap/APTV/Nationa...nalHea-ai.html

Some European newspapers less than enthusiastic about Bush re-election
    Thursday November 04, 2004
    LONDON (AP) The re-election of President Bush dominated British newspapers Thursday, and many cast impartiality aside in reporting the result.

``How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?'' the liberal Daily Mirror asked in a Page One headline. Inside, several pages of coverage were headed ``U.S. election disaster.''

The Independent bore the front-page headline ``Four more years'' on a black page with grim pictures including a hooded Iraqi prisoner and an orange-clad detainee at Guantanamo Bay.

The left-leaning Guardian led its features section with a black page bearing the tiny words, ``Oh, God.'' Inside a story described how Bush's victory ``catapaulted liberal Britain into collective depression.''

Across Europe, many newspapers expressed dismay at the prospect of another term for Bush, a president often regarded as inflexible and unilateralist.

``Oops they did it again,'' Germany's left-leaning Tageszeitung newspaper said in a front-page English headline. The cover of the Swiss newsmagazine Facts called Bush's re-election ``Europe's Nightmare.'' ``Victory for the hothead: how far will he go?'' asked another Swiss weekly, L'Hebdo.

A few British papers welcomed the U.S. election result. ``The world is a safer place with George W. Bush back in the Oval Office,'' the tabloid Sun said in an editorial.

All agreed the result reflected a sea-change in U.S. politics, a victory for neo-conservatives and the religious right.

``March of the Moral Majority'' said the conservative Daily Mail, above a photo of Bush with his wife and daughters. ``America's moral majority sweeps Bush back into the White House,'' The Daily Telegraph said.

The Times said Europe ``must come to terms, not only with Mr. Bush, but with the nation that has elected him. This is a president who really can speak for America.''

Mexico Pwns Me Shorrtee McHeals's Avatar

Yes | No

Once again, who gives a fuck what Europe thinks?
    Porque nada valgo porque nada tengo si no tengo lo mejor
    Tu amor y compañía en mi corazón
    Ven amor…

Me siento débil cuando estoy sin ti
    Y me hago fuerte cuando estas aquí
    Sin ti yo ya no se que es vivir
    Mi vida es un túnel sin tu luz
    Quiero pasar mas tiempo junto a ti
    Recuperar las noches que perdí
    Vencer el miedo inmenso de morir
    Y ser eterno junto a ti

Yes | No

The same could be said about certain posters.

Ba-Dum! Chaaaaaa!

Yes | No

Cybsled pwnzored Suicide head.
    Sithray <Juggernauts>
    No Fear
    No Conscience

A day in the life

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shorrtee McHeals
    Once again, who gives a fuck what Europe thinks?
    Are you trying to be the obnoxious dickhead american poster child intentionally?
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Mexico Pwns Me Shorrtee McHeals's Avatar

Yes | No

Pretty much, yea.

I dont try to fight what I am. Proud to be an American, if that means I'm an arrogant bastard, so be it. We can still kick anyone else's in the worlds ASS with half our army tied behind our back. We spend more on defense than the next 12 countries combined. Stick that in your Aussie pìpe and smoke it. And yea thx for the 700 troops in Iraq. :)
    Porque nada valgo porque nada tengo si no tengo lo mejor
    Tu amor y compañía en mi corazón
    Ven amor…

Me siento débil cuando estoy sin ti
    Y me hago fuerte cuando estas aquí
    Sin ti yo ya no se que es vivir
    Mi vida es un túnel sin tu luz
    Quiero pasar mas tiempo junto a ti
    Recuperar las noches que perdí
    Vencer el miedo inmenso de morir
    Y ser eterno junto a ti

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Shorrtee McHeals
    Pretty much, yea.

I dont try to fight what I am. Proud to be an American, if that means I'm an arrogant bastard, so be it. We can still kick anyone else's in the worlds ASS with half our army tied behind our back. We spend more on defense than the next 12 countries combined. Stick that in your Aussie pìpe and smoke it. And yea thx for the 700 troops in Iraq. :)
    The two don't go hand in hand you fucking lamebrain.

The enormity of the revulsion that wells up in me when i read this sort of shit, joking or otherwise, can't adequately be put into words.

Suffice it to say i sincerely hope you choke on a sack full of mouldy dicks.
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Yes | No

It doesn't mean you're an arrogant bastard. It just means that you're an obnoxious blowhard that displays duplicity by expressing, what you consider to be, the virtues of the U.S., while simultaneously "flying" Mexico's flag as your avatar.

But tha't pretty much par for your course. It's nothing much out of the ordinary. What I mean is, it's nothing more (or less) than what I've ever expected from you.

I don't fault you for it. It's what you are. If you're happy with it, then so be it.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Energiser
    mouldy
    I think you meant moldy.
    Sithray <Juggernauts>
    No Fear
    No Conscience

A day in the life

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Sithray
    I think you meant moldy.
    They use the Metric system.