Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The depths of retardation.

Yes | No

Default The depths of retardation.

http://www.twotowersprotest.org

Can you believe this shit? Seriously. I hope these fools aren't convinced with themselves.

The entire crux of their protest is that the site publishers think that the name of the movie will rub salt in the wounds of the Sept 11th attack, open an old cut or something.
    How oversensitive can you be to seriously think that? What the fuck else should we do, then? Maybe change 911 for police to something else, since if you're calling for any sort of emergency dialling that number and getting reminded of the terrorist attacks will throw you into even more panic? Get the number 911 removed from numbers altogether, count from 910 to 912 since that awful number will just cripple people with sorrow?
    Wyrmwuud Trollbones
    51 Troll Warrior... in the bin.

"Idiot, n.: A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling."
    - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Yes | No

Yep, oversensitivity is becoming a huge problem in this country. You can't say anything without havin to double and triple check if it's going to "hurt" this or that person.
    "The more you know, the less I have to tell you"--Me

NakikoSix: fuck DC too, i get to do that shit for real
    SlyceR 159: Yeah, well in real life, you fuck up and that's it. No respawning. And friendly fire is ALWAYS on.
    NakikoSix: haha yeah
    NakikoSix: no bunnyhopping fags either

Mexico Pwns Me Shorrtee McHeals's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep I hate oversensitivity....... If we phase out everything from our society that remotely has to do with the terrorist attack, or things that would "hurt" people who lost someone in it, then the terrorists have won.

I've never lost someone to terrorism, but if I did, I would suspect that I would want to honor their memory by "standing up" to terrorism, not by bitching and whining about every little thing that comes along that I feel is "insinsitive" to what happened.
    Porque nada valgo porque nada tengo si no tengo lo mejor
    Tu amor y compañía en mi corazón
    Ven amor…

Me siento débil cuando estoy sin ti
    Y me hago fuerte cuando estas aquí
    Sin ti yo ya no se que es vivir
    Mi vida es un túnel sin tu luz
    Quiero pasar mas tiempo junto a ti
    Recuperar las noches que perdí
    Vencer el miedo inmenso de morir
    Y ser eterno junto a ti

Yes | No

Retarded. Theres this one miniature dacshund for sale at my store...born on 9-11-02. Was the only one we got from that date....but a lady seriously handed me the dog back saying... "its probably bad luck let me look at your other dacschund." Time will solve this =/ I mean....december 7th came and went and I didnt hear or see a damn thing about pearl harbor minus one woman commenting about how SHE hadn't heard anything about it. But that...is just pure stupidity. Soon someone will claim that the title of the novel was just a prophecy about the event. People, are stupid.

Yes | No

We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change.
    wow.

Yes | No

I flew back from NYC on sept 10th of that year, someone made a comment about good thing it wasn't me, I hella blew up on them then cause its a pretty crappy thing to say. As I look back on it wasn't such a big deal heh.

But I agree, peoples vaginas need to stop hurting.
    The Relentless
    Valde Venustus

If you're a bad hunter, the woods are always empty.

omg this plan r teh fail! Supporting Member Derreck's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm sure it's gotte be a joke? Surely they realize that that part of the book has been called that for ages now?

Yes | No

Do you people seriously think you'll be successful?

We most certainly do. Several of our members were already successful at making 20th Century Fox delay the movie "Phone Booth" due to the Maryland sniper attacks.

must be a suck movie cuz i havent heard of it
    "When I raise my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengence upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh Lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints"
    -Boondock Saints

Mexico Pwns Me Shorrtee McHeals's Avatar

Yes | No

Yea I agree, the book was fucking called The Two Towers when it was first published back in the 40s or 50s. Some people are just stupid I guess......
    Porque nada valgo porque nada tengo si no tengo lo mejor
    Tu amor y compañía en mi corazón
    Ven amor…

Me siento débil cuando estoy sin ti
    Y me hago fuerte cuando estas aquí
    Sin ti yo ya no se que es vivir
    Mi vida es un túnel sin tu luz
    Quiero pasar mas tiempo junto a ti
    Recuperar las noches que perdí
    Vencer el miedo inmenso de morir
    Y ser eterno junto a ti