Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT F with your tax rate!

omg this plan r teh fail! Supporting Member Derreck's Avatar

Yes | No

Default DO NOT F with your tax rate!

Freaking Shroomed talked me into changin my tax rate, from 15 to 20% and like EVERYONE left.

Don't F with your tax rate. And F Shroomed.

Yes | No

Build more residences, it'll go back up soon enough.
    " Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ."
    " It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust. "

Yes | No

i can't really see the point myself.

Build a lot of residences without changing your tax rate and you'll get more people and thus more money regardless.

or.. attack people.. or get more land somehow. wibble wibble.
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Yes | No

i think its worse off if you do it when you have a high population than if you do it when its low. i only lost about 1k people when i did it a bit ago and i got that back by just exploring
    "When I raise my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengence upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh Lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints"
    -Boondock Saints

Yes | No

but it doesn't matter. considering the fact that most attacks (including missiles) kill a percentage of your population, it doesn't really matter if you have craploads of people and low tax or hardly any people and high tax.

losing 3k people a turn for 5 turns makes absolutely zero difference if you're making approximately the same or more money per turn.
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Yes | No

Ok, I need some quick revenue for tanks, so I raise my tax to 60% and I'm pulling in only 1.5 Million per turn now, but that buys 2500 tanks. I have over 100,000 people, and can afford to spend 10 turns, losing 30K people, but gaining 15 Million cash.

After it's all over, they come back at a rate of 900 per turn. Since I was at max residency anyway (0 people joining my empire per turn) I could afford to let some go, it's like I'm big business and just letting some employees go, I'll ramp back up before the Holidays:)

Yes | No

but how much money do you make in those turns when you set your taxe rate back down and are still waiting on all those people to return?
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.

Yes | No

All I can say is, with a 15% tax rate, and 60k people, I would make about 6mil per 30 turns.

With a 23% tax rate, I dropped to 51k people, and made 11mil in 30 turns.

That's bad, how?
    " Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ."
    " It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust. "

Yes | No

No, the numbers are not accurate, but still reflect the reality of what happened.

Yes | No

ok then. perhaps there is an optimal taxe rate depending on how much land you have, or something.
    BLEE!
    ah shadap.