Thread: Sage Guynth Quest(s)

Yes | No

Default Sage Guynth Quest(s)

Stole from necro.eqclasses.com

Located in the top of the South Tower, Sage Gunyth has some interesting things to say:

You say, 'Hail, Sage Gunyth'

Sage Gunyth turns a condescending eye toward you. 'I am quite busy here, and I do not appreciate interruptions. My [research] is important, and I do not have time to explain everything to you.'

You say, 'what research'

Sage Gunyth says 'Well it seems that I am not going to rid myself of you so easily so I will explain what I can. I will be sure to use small words and simple concepts so you will be sure to understand. Every spell is much like an orchestra; there are different instruments and octaves, and every instrument has a range of notes. These notes are the important component. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Gunyth says 'It is my theory that all of the notes have been discovered, and creating new spells will just be a matter of combining notes in new and different fashions. Since you seem so interested in my research, I can use assistance in gathering notes. I have separated all the spells that are readily accessible to me, but I do not have time to gather components from the more difficult to obtain spells. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Gunyth says 'I have constructed this extractor to break spells apart into their notes. It will not work on all spells, and I do not have time to compile a list of spells that it will and will not work on. As my apprentice, as that seems to be what you are intent on becoming, you will separate any spells you come across and return the notes to me here, you will need to insert four spell scrolls of the same power belonging to different arcane circles. For some reason I the extractor only works for spells between the 10th and 14th circles, I hope to have that problems resolved soon. This extractor is not simple to use, and you will find you will have more success with the more powerful spells if you have a greater understanding on how spells are constructed. There is one more [task] that I require of my understudy.'

**gives you a 4 slot combine conatiner**

You say, 'what task'

Sage Gunyth says 'There are two other Sages who like to call themselves my equals. They are taking different paths in their studies, and it would be to our benefit to have access to their work, I created that extractor with their aid so I know their methods cannot be far from my own. You must also gather what information you can from their research and return Balic's research to Onirelin Gali my assistiant, and Xelrin's research to Xasri Virek his associate. I have nothing more for you, and I have been distracted long enough, be off!'

Stuff that known so far.
    Ok progress:

I logged and looked more closely at the spell lists. Seeing as how each int casting class had pretty much just one level 50 spell, and it was dropped. I decided to get them all and try those. Combining Translocate, Improved Invis, IIvU, and Monster Summon II got me a no drop 'da note'.

Encouraged, I tried a bunch of level 51 spells. Atols, Splurt, ToT and Gift of Xev got me a no drop 'Eio Note'.

I think 10th circle means L39 spells, so I didnt think any 52 spells would work, so I didnt try any.

All classes but Mages have a dropped L39 spell from the expansions, I didnt want to try and guess which Mage spell they might want, so I didnt try any L39 combinations.

All classes have 44th level NPC dropped spells from Velious, so that is what I tried next. Boon of Garou, Corpal Empathy, Elemental Maelstrom and Enticement of Flame got me a 'Bep Note', again no drop.

For 49, there are not many dropped spells (lol GDMF...), so its probably research spells they are wanting there. I didnt mess with them though as there are a bunch and I was tired and oncall at work in the am.

So, I found 3 of the 5. Still need 39 amd 49 most likely. Anyway, I went back to the evil sage and proudly handed him a bep note. I got xp, and a lore no drop 'Amulet of Knowledge' with 5 charges of shade...woot?

There was no text at all aside from the xp message...I then handed him the Da Note and got a lore/no drop 'Arcane Quill' with 5 charges of Elemental Armor. Again, xp and no text at all. Finally, handed him the Eio note and got a 'Gem of Flowing Breath' lore/no drop with 5 charges of Everlasting Breath. Again, same deal, no quest text. Kind of lame really.

I speculate that these uber shitty rewards must have something to do with another quest, perhaps that of the good sage as he mentions sticking items in the box and combining them. I tried combining the stuff I got, but no dice.

I tried to find some words and runes to see if I could get some combines for the neutral sage, but I couldnt find very many forsale and didnt get very far with that.

All of the combines were trivial at 185 and combining the stuff again yielded the same notes.

Sayleth

Yes | No

Here's the full texts from the 3 sages and their 4 students:

Quick overview of whom you're supposed to turn in "research" to, etc:

from Sage Gunyth (South Tower)
    Balic's research to Onirelin Gali
    Xelrin's research to Xasri Virek

from Sage Balic (East Tower)
    Xelrin's research to Tenada
    Gunyth's research to Winon

from Sage Xelrin (North Tower)
    Balic's research to Bolcen
    Gunyth's research to Acomar

--- Sage Gunyth ---

You say, 'Hail, Sage Gunyth'

Sage Gunyth turns a condescending eye toward you. 'I am quite busy here, and I do not appreciate interruptions. My [research] is important, and I do not have time to explain everything to you.'

You say, 'what research'

Sage Gunyth says 'Well it seems that I am not going to rid myself of you so easily so I will explain what I can. I will be sure to use small words and simple concepts so you will be sure to understand. Every spell is much like an orchestra; there are different instruments and octaves, and every instrument has a range of notes. These notes are the important component. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Gunyth says 'It is my theory that all of the notes have been discovered, and creating new spells will just be a matter of combining notes in new and different fashions. Since you seem so interested in my research, I can use assistance in gathering notes. I have separated all the spells that are readily accessible to me, but I do not have time to gather components from the more difficult to obtain spells. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Gunyth says 'I have constructed this extractor to break spells apart into their notes. It will not work on all spells, and I do not have time to compile a list of spells that it will and will not work on. As my apprentice, as that seems to be what you are intent on becoming, you will separate any spells you come across and return the notes to me here, you will need to insert four spell scrolls of the same power belonging to different arcane circles. For some reason I the extractor only works for spells between the 10th and 14th circles, I hope to have that problems resolved soon. This extractor is not simple to use, and you will find you will have more success with the more powerful spells if you have a greater understanding on how spells are constructed. There is one more [task] that I require of my understudy.'

You say, 'what is the task?'

Sage Gunyth says 'There are two other Sages who like to call themselves my equals. They are taking different paths in their studies, and it would be to our benefit to have access to their work, I created that extractor with their aid so I know their methods cannot be far from my own. You must also gather what information you can from their research and return Balic's research to Onirelin Gali my assistiant, and Xelrin's research to Xasri Virek his associate. I have nothing more for you, and I have been distracted long enough, be off!'

You say, 'Hail, Onirelin Gali'

Onirelin Gali peers you over carefully, studying you. 'Welcome and come in, stranger. Are you here to simply look around or have you come to speak to my superior, Gunyth? If so, you may find him upstairs. Watch your step, now.'

You say, 'Hail, Xasri Virek'

Xasri Virek says 'Hail, and welcome to the Kartis meeting hall. I trust you are keeping busy here in New Tanaan? It is truly a wonderful city, there are many interesting new things to discover here. I came here from my home of Cabilis long ago, but I could not dream of returning now. My life is here, wading in the font of knowledge that this place has to offer. Hopefully I will be able to help you discover your own knowledge one day.'

You say, 'Hail, Gwiraba Gelrid'

Gwiraba Gelrid says 'Good day to you, Isidien. Are you new to this city or have you been a long time resident? I'm afraid I do not get to run about and explore like I used to, as my studies keep me quite busy. If you have the time and inclination, I would suggest you explore the land some more. Then perhaps one day when you return, you will be ready to learn what I have to teach you.'

Zauvudd Gigoth says 'Hello, Isidien. If you are looking for something in particular, I might be able to help you. I spent many years teaching combat techniques to the finest warriors in Grobb. I came to New Tanaan to further develop my teaching skills; it seems we all have our own lessons to learn. I can teach you a few things if you are looking to be taught. You will need to prepare yourself with the necessary equipment before I can begin though.'

--- Balic ---

You say, 'Hail, Sage Balic'

Sage Balic says 'Greetings friend. Welcome to my place of private contemplation. I relax here and leaf through my old studies, admiring at creations from the past made by races we thought would never amount to anything.'

You say, 'tell me about your research'

Sage Balic says 'My research? Oh, I imagine Tenada sent you to me. I'd love to tell you about my studies, if you have time to listen. [Continue]'

Fenadily says out of character, 'Hi sugar '

You say, 'continue'

Sage Balic says 'I have come to Knowledge to fine-tune my abilities in spell craft. To date I've been able to create some minor incantations, but have had little success in creating any magic that was truly revolutionary. I am actually in a bit of a race with the other Sages who are my contemporaries. They too are looking to make a major breakthrough . . . Come to think of it, I could probably find quite a few [uses for their research], should you manage to come by any of it. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Balic says 'Sorry, I digress. Where was I? Oh yes! In the past I, as well as the other Sages, have had little success; however from the volumes of information found here, each of us found a new outlook on the creation of magic. I found that most of the magical discoveries came from existing magical components, mostly runes and words of power. Should you come by any of these components please use this box to check to see if they have the proper magical configuration, the extractor will be able to remove what it needs if you find a valid combination, right now I believe the box will only function with a single word and rune of approximately the same power.'

Duplicate Lore Items are not allowed.

You say, 'what uses for their research'

Sage Balic says 'Well it couldn't hurt, now could it? If you manage to 'acquire' any of their research feel free to show it to my assistants; Xelrin's research to Tenada and Gunyth's research to Winon downstairs.'

You say, 'Hail, Winon Glahar'

Winon Glahar says 'Good day, Isidien. I trust you are enjoying your visit to New Tanaan? If you have not already been, be sure to visit the Myrist library. There is much to be learned there; things you may have never thought possible before. I myself am a teacher of sorts, but I am only available to those who have obtained the proper tools of learning. Perhaps you will be a student of mine someday?'

You say, 'what tools?'

You say, 'what tools of learning?'

You say, 'I wish to be a student of yours'

You say, 'I wish to be a student'

You say, 'How can I be a student?'

You say, 'Balic sent me'

You say, 'who is Sage Balic?'

You say, 'Hail, Ethoach Trokith'

Ethoach Trokith says 'Good day, Isidien. The pursuit of knowledge above all else is most important. It is good to see one such as yourself partaking in that pursuit simply by coming to me for guidance. I am afraid however that I must reject you, for you do not appear to be ready to learn what I have to offer. Please understand I mean no ill by this, and I wish to see you again sometime when you are truly capable of my teachings.'

You say, 'Hail, Leramas Feston'

Leramas Feston says 'Hello and welcome to New Tanaan. You are currently standing inside the Tanaan meeting hall, please feel free to relax and let your mind rest for a time here. Surely the adventures of planar travel must have you weary by now. The exploration of knowledge is a noble cause indeed, I have dedicated my life to helping others with their studies. Perhaps once you have achieved a certain level of readiness you should seek me out again.'

You say, 'Hail, Tenada Jeried'

Tenada Jeried says 'I am afraid I have little that I can talk about right now. If you like you may speak to my [instructor] he can probably tell you about our work.'

You say, 'Who is your instructor?'

Tenada Jeried says 'My instructor is Sage Balic; you will be able to find him upstairs. Ask him about his research, I'm sure he would love to tell you about his work.'

------- Xelrin -----

You say, 'Hail, Sage Xelrin'

Sage Xelrin says 'Greetings Isidien. I assume you are here to ask about my research? I imagine that word has spread of my groundbreaking approach to spell creation. Well I am always willing to enlighten those that choose to learn. As not to bog you down with too many details, my theory is simple. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Xelrin says 'Well the idea is rather basic. As I am sure you know, there are many magical artifacts in the world with effects that we have not mastered. It is my conjecture that some of the magic may be extracted from these items in order to further our magical repertoire. Even in the case where an object has a spell that we already have access to, I believe the binding used to tie the magic to the object could be useful as well. [Continue]'

You say, 'continue'

Sage Xelrin says 'By using this box created in cooperation with the [other sages] in Knowledge, you will be able to either extract a magical scroll or the binding used to hold the magic to the object. Those elements will be the basis for my research. Just bring anything you manage to extract for me.'

Duplicate Lore Items are not allowed.

You say, 'who are the other sages?'

Sage Xelrin chuckles. 'Well my associates are working on their own theories for the creation of new magic. I am sure that their projects are no where near advanced as mine, but even their primitive research could prove a boon in my own work. If you happen to come across any of their research feel free to show it to my assistants, they will know the best manner in which to process it. Bring reseach from Balic to Bolcen, and Gunyth's research to Acomar. Thank you for your assistance.'

You say, 'Hail, Bolcen Tendag'

Bolcen Tendag coughs and says, 'Hello traveler. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bolcen. If you are looking for my master Xelrin, you may find him upstairs. Careful should you stand too close to me however, I have become ill.' He coughs again.

You say, 'Hail, Acomar Lothwol'

Acomar Lothwol says 'It is good to see you, Isidien. I trust the people of New Tanaan have treated you well thus far. It is refreshing to see so many people of different cultures coming together in harmony, don't you think? So many shared experiences from all corners of the universe provide us with a great benefit of wisdom. As a teacher, my job is to share the knowledge of all things mystical with eager students. If you are truly interested in knowledge, you should prepare yourself with the basics first. A solid foundation leads to new heights of achievement.'

You say, 'What foundation?'

You say, 'I am interested in knowledge'

You say, 'What achievement?'

You say, 'I have research from Gunyth'

You say, 'Hail, Cadelid Etord'

Cadelid Etord says 'Welcome. You stand inside the meeting hall for the Selia district, a most beautiful section of New Tanaan if there ever was one. Although I do miss the adventuresome streets of Shar Vahl, my home, it just can't compare to the serene beauty of this place. Back home I was a teacher of the mystic arts, and ever since arriving to this land my knowledge has increased tenfold. If you seek to gain a better understanding of the ways of magic, see me again sometime when you have elevated your ability to a higher degree.'

You say, 'Hail, Zalil Nyvin'

Zalil Nyvin says 'How do you do, Isidien? I wish I could say I had time to chat but despite appearances I am actually quite busy. As a teacher of magic I need to constantly update my lesson plans. Would you be interested in learning from me? I would be happy to teach you but my course is quite advanced, and I can sense you may not quite be ready yet. Please return when you have become so.'