Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts and Cooking; let's keep sterotypes alive!

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

Default Martial Arts and Cooking; let's keep sterotypes alive!

I enjoy practicing MA. I'm half Japanese. I also really really enjoy cooking. When I cook, I don't use readymade crap. I largely make everything from scratch, using cooking techniques that my mom taught me many years ago. For example, today the big cooking project was making vegetable and shrimp tempura; I experimented with both wheat and rice flours. Yesterday I prepared grilled chicken and grilled pork. I was in a rush and so based the chicken with KC Masterpiece but I served the chicken with grilled brown pears. Since I was in a rush and didn't have time to make a proper terriyaki sauce I basted the pork with a mixture of old soy sauce and blueberry jam which caramelized on the grill and had a pleasant, fruity terriyaki-like effect.

Now, what could be more sterotypical than some Asian guy who does MA and cooks? The raging power of 80s asian sterotypes compells me to practice both cooking and MA. For the 80s and the 80s ninja are powerful forces indeed.

I would encourage everyone who does MA to take up cooking as well to keep ridiculous 80s archetypes alive.

Kayne

Yes | No

Oooh, ooh, can I wear a headband...and a sleeveless gi?

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

Yes, but we'll need someone else to carry the Chinese cleavers.

Yes | No

Way ahead of you. I was decent cook YEARS ago.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Phoenix

Yes | No

What happened with that, if you don't mind my asking?....j/k

Yes | No

I have this impression that some people have been watching too much ryori no tetsujin.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Now, what could be more sterotypical than some Asian guy who does MA and cooks?
    If this is what goes with your Top Ramen:

Equipoise

Yes | No

Yeah I get flak alot for being Italian and cooking. I start crafting my works everynight in the kitchen. My roommates use this time to make whatever unfunny jokes that come to mind. Hey, I made a thread a while back about cooking and I asked about Japanese recipes for fish. Know any decent ones? I can trade for Italian, French and Southeast Asian recipes and techniques.

<--Iron Chef Italian.

Equipoise

Yes | No

Sole Rollatine- Sole wrapped with crab, garlic, shrimp, oregano,lemon zest etc.
    Smudge on the stupid lense, sorry about that.

Pollo Calabrese
    Chicken and Italian sausage with a spicy red sauce.

Ayang Lemak
    Chicken and peppers with a coconut gravy.

Pesci Spada con la salsa arranciata.
    Swordfish with an orange sauce.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    If this is what goes with your Top Ramen:

He's half JAPANESE not half Korean. Get it right!!!

And my cooking skills are as equally forminable as my martial skills, BIATCH!!!
    I guess I could take the time to bestow upon yee mortals a few recipes.

Pay homage to the God of Cookery!!!

Seriously if you are serious about your Health & Fitness is really behooves you to learn to cook. Learning from scratch is excellent because it gets you aware of what you put in your body. Added bonus a good way to get panties most is showing the chicas you can work it in the kitchen. :icon_smur (they think if you take intrest in prepping a meal you will pay equal attention about dinning on them.)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!! ブラジリアン忍法

RIP SOLDIER