Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush is not dumb

Yes | No

Default Bush is not dumb

to quote that cool guy; me:

Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Are you familiar with the book Bush On the Couch, Inside the Mind of the President, by by Justin A. Frank, M.D? He was interviewed by local radio, fucking scary. I'd rather have Bush be just dumb. He is somewhat dysfunctional, but Bush is not dumb. He's dysfunctional. As the author of Couch put it, "A few people ask me, "Gee, was Bush on your couch?" And I reply, no, it's a metaphor, I'm a psychiatrist that wrote a book analyzing Bush, he was not my patient. And President Bush is one of those people."

The real creepy thing about US/Bush is that we know he is a goof ball (it takes one add/one brick shy of a load/one taco less than a combo plate - to know another) and we are the enablers.

We have become a nation of enablers. It seems that the entire U.S. political system treats George W. Bush like he's some drunk who's behavioral problems covered up by his family and "enables" the problem to get worse.

Or as Goofball put it himself, "Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001
    To elaborate. Bush Sr was a tall (6'4") BMOC,successful athlete and scholar. And a war hero. And successful business man. Bush Jr was a squirt, C student and head of the party frat. And took the easy way out of Vietnam (with daddy's help), and even quit going to the National Guard. And a business failure.

And the family is VERY ODD. They talk about family values, but they don't practice what they preach (well if family values = gays, guns, and abortion, maybe this is a weak argument). When Bush Jr sister died, they didn't even have a Texas family funeral, and Jr didn't even go. When mommy Bush's own mother died, she didn't attend the funeral. And where was Sr? Living in Manhattan with his long time mistress. He hardly saw his family for years on end. His backgound is really fucked, and I feel sorry for him, but I feel a lot more sorry that this ex-druggy alchy born again narrow minded nut is the President. But I agree, he is not dumb. He has been smart enough to cover up his own sex affairs, and he is always misunderestimated.
    He's not stupid, just uneducated and dysfunctional/dyslexic, and a pompous smirky smug twerp and maybe even a frog blower-upper.

http://www.zwire.com/site/myzwire.cf...&PAG=461&rfi=9
    In the book, Dr. Frank talks with compassion about President Bush's numerous psychological issues. He notes that Bush is, unfortunately, the kind of individual who won't go for therapy, because he fears that introspection and analysis will reveal deep-seated anxieties, things that would undermine his self-assured persona.
    The problem is, left untreated, an individual with pathology like Bush's "wrecks whatever it is they get involved with or they burn out," says Dr. Frank, speaking from his home in Washington, D.C. "He needs someone to intervene, to say 'get treatment.' (People like this) are out of touch with their destructiveness."

Dr. Frank will speak about the President's mental health when he reads from and signs Bush on the Couch at Chestnut Tree Books in the Princeton Shopping Center Oct. 11.
    A psychotherapist and clinical professor of psychiatry at George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, D.C., Dr. Frank has had a private practice in the nation's capital for 30 years, specializing in family issues. He approaches the President's neuroses as a family therapist, taking into consideration unresolved issues with his parents Barbara and George Herbert Walker Bush even going back to Barbara's troubles with her own mother. Dr. Frank utilizes applied psychoanalysis analyzing someone not personally available for a consultation following the lead of Sigmund Freud.
    Dr. Frank believes the deepest source of the President's problems comes down to severe anxiety, which has its roots in his younger sister's death more than 50 years ago. His dysfunctional family mishandled the tragedy, leaving the young George bewildered and anxious, "under-nurtured and emotionally hobbled," as Dr. Frank writes.
    In the spring of 1953, his sister Robin was diagnosed with leukemia and Barbara Bush took her to be treated at Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York, thousands of miles away from the family home in Texas. Young George wasn't told why his mother was absent for such long periods of time, nor was his sister's illness discussed with him. Robin would come home, but be in fragile health and her older brother was simply told not to play with her.
    When she died in October 1953, the parents attended a small memorial service in Rye, N.Y., before flying back to Texas.
    "George learned of his sister's illness only after her death, when his parents returned to Texas, where the family remained while the child's body was buried in a Connecticut family plot." Dr. Frank writes. "There was no funeral."
    Still, the issue was not addressed until much later, after young George had been experiencing nightmares. And then, in Barbara Bush's typical style, the family was urged to put on a happy face and place the misfortune behind them. Dr. Frank speculates that this non-communicative way of dealing with such a tragedy set the stage for President Bush's lack of empathy which we see in the dismantling of a number of domestic programs and environmental laws, among other things.
    "Without an instructive example of how to experience grief, George W. was deprived of the opportunity to learn how to mourn, which a child typically learns by watching his parents go though the process... mourning is necessary for psychological growth," Dr. Frank writes. "The capacity to feel sorrow is a prerequisite for the ability to be compassionate, to feel concern for others.
    How ironic, then, that this child should grow up to occupy the presidency at his nation's greatest moment of grief the period of deep shock that followed Sept. 11, 2001.
    Yet Bush remains immensely popular, which might reflect the growing lack of introspection among the populace preferring a sound-byte to a complex thought and a sarcastic retort to sympathy.
    "People like Bush for a variety of reasons," Dr. Frank says. "One of the things he does is that he's able to invoke anger in others, getting other people to express their passion. Another part of his technique is playing the 'regular guy.' But you need to recognize how 'non-regular' he is. He's extraordinarily wealthy and powerful. He has a ranch where he doesn't ride a horse he rides an SUV but he dresses like a cowboy. And he's not a regular guy in terms of his need for control and rigorous schedules."
    Dr. Frank remarks that Bush also likes to present himself as a strong guy, someone who doesn't take any guff from reporters, from other politicians as well as leaders of other countries. The author questions this persona, too.
    "If he was strong he would have been able to go in front of the 9/11 commission without Cheney and he could debate with (John) Kerry without having all these rules in place," Dr. Frank says.
    He adds that Bush disarms his detractors by being a bully, especially in his sporadic press conferences where he sometimes insults or teases reporters to divert attention from the original question or to bluff his way through complex issues.
    He adds that we, as a nation, are complicit in allowing someone so troubled to govern us we're enablers, just like a family turning a blind eye to an alcoholic parent. But Bush supporters don't want to see his flaws.
    "One of the things that happens with an alcoholic is that the family finds excuses for the alcoholic's behavior," Dr. Frank says. "And there are a variety of ways to enable. It's not only that we're a nation of enablers but also that we don't want to acknowledge that this is a problem. So, we dumb ourselves down like children of alcoholics. For example, we don't pay attention to the fact that the war in Iraq is (going so badly)."

http://www.zearle.com/when_i_started_hating_bush.htm = good site for bush haters. I'm above such rants myself.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5th November 04 at 10:43 PM.

Yes | No

You forgot to mention Prescott Bush, the Skull and Bones, Bootlegging, and the Nazis.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Yes | No

Just don't take it seriously and don't think about it and shut your mind and keep it shut, just like the guy you voted for, MY FOIL HAT IS ON AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Yes | No

No, seriously, you left them out. That backstory is much more entertaining and frightening.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Yes | No

You know, I could talk about Kerry's problems, I could talk about my problems, but these people with the closed minds that seem to want to imitate lobotomized sheep, can't open their little frozen brains one iota. By the way, I am no big Democrat type, and I didn't vote for Kerry. It seems people who voted for Bush have to look like this:

Yes | No

Fuck, I just read your post. Are you serious? Uh, sorry if I'm DRINKING and PISSED. :icon_neut

is on my list, right now I'm getting horrified reading:

Quote from Clarke, "...expected to go back to a round of meetings examining what the next attacks could be, what our vulnerabilities were, what we could do about them in the short term. Instead, I walked into a series of discussions about Iraq. At first I was incredulous that we were talking about something other than getting al Qaeda. Then I realized with almost a sharp physical pain that Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were going to try to take advantage of this national tragedy to promote their agenda about Iraq."
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5th November 04 at 11:16 PM.

Yes | No

Make sure you order them through the little Amazon link to the left of the screen here, so I can get even more fabulously wealthy!

(That was sarcasm, for some of you who might read this post at a later date and take me seriously. We just started breaking even and I've never had any intention of this being a "for profit" website.)
    - Robert A. Heinlein

bushi51

Yes | No

I voted for Bush because the Illuminati told the CIA to make me via radio waves delivered to my brain. The only reason this happened was because my wife used my tin foil hat to wrap the leftover chicken.

Matsufubu

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Make sure you order them through the little Amazon link to the left of the screen here, so I can get even more fabulously wealthy!

(That was sarcasm, for some of you who might read this post at a later date and take me seriously. We just started breaking even and I've never had any intention of this being a "for profit" website.)
    You only just started breaking even because you spend all the millions you generate from Bullshido on champagne, limos, ho's and SCARS classes.

Yes | No

http://www.westword.com/issues/2004-...ws/sports.html

Bush is more interested in mountain biking (on a $3,000 carbon-fiber Trek) and Kerry prefers long road rides; he's ridden several centuries on his $8,000 Serotta. Bush is the more serious runner, having started jogging in 1972. His best marathon time, 3:44:52, is impressive, and his best 10K time averaged seven-minute miles.
    GWB is actually quite an athlete. I read a news story that said he needed to special order his secret service bodyguards because many could not keep up with him (on his ranch in Texas)