Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fraudulent Bush Memos Linked to DNC

joen00b

Yes | No

Originally posted by Leodom
    You are either stupid, ignorant, or intellectually dishonest.

The Kerry campaign and the 527 organization "MoveOn.org" share a lawyer as well. There are a limited number of lawyers who understand the new campaign finance laws. There is bound to be some overlap. At least the Republicans' lawyer attempted to remove the "appearance of impropriety" by resigning. You'll find that the Democrat lawyer is still working for both organizations.

The Navy has also stated that Kerry has not authorized the release of ALL his records. What he has authorized for release is there, but it is incomplete.
    Since we're on the subject of SBVfT (Swift Boat Veterans for Truth) and their connections, let's see.

2 of the major financiers for SBVfT were George Bush Sr's personal Financial advisor and the Lt Governor for George Bush Jr's tenure in the role of Governor for Texas. These 2 individuals also paid George Bush 20 MILLION dollars to appear at a Fundraiser for his re-election campaign. This is of course because George Bush changed the rules on monetary income for re-election campaigns.

How's that for a connection?

Yes | No

Assuming tbe above is true, can you show me what laws were violated.

joen00b

Yes | No

I think we already hit on the 527 Organizations and how they run in concert with Political Campaigns. It's very, very close to being illegal, but not quite. Even if it was, there would be know way to convict them, they're rich, rich people don't go to jail for stuff like this.

I can't say for certain, but I thought it was illegal for candidates to receive money from these 527 organizations as well, and 20 Million dollars sure seems like a lot of soft money...

Yes | No

According to John McCain who I believe was on the writers of the bill that became law, he says its not being interpreted and enforced properly. As to who created that screwed up piece of legislation you would have to include all the Senators and Congressmen who voted in favor of the bill in addition to president. I really dont know but how did Kerry and Kennedy vote on that bill?

Yes | No

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Oh shut the fuck up Rigante. Both campaigns are slinging shit at each other and no one is appologizing for it. Quit being such a tool.

Both Bush and Kerry are crooks, and neither one deserve the office. Both would and do bring shame to the title of President. When is a viable 3rd party going to surface that can compete with these Washington Republicrats? Of course after a while that would leave future elections to be decided between 3 crooks instead of 2.
    Never. Go do a aearch for user The Wastrel words: third party

joen00b

Yes | No

Originally posted by Rigante
    According to John McCain who I believe was on the writers of the bill that became law, he says its not being interpreted and enforced properly. As to who created that screwed up piece of legislation you would have to include all the Senators and Congressmen who voted in favor of the bill in addition to president. I really dont know but how did Kerry and Kennedy vote on that bill?
    I honestly don't know too much about the soft money cap from the 527 Orgs. I'll gladly admit that, I do recall reading there were possible problems with the people being so close to Bush, then holding a rally for him after releasing the commercials.

And I have no clue what Kennedy and Kerry's vote on the Bill has to do with anything here. That's a blatant attempt to distract from the issue.

Yes | No

No, I am not trying to distract from the issue. The is point that people keep calling it Bush's bill. Remember the President does not make the bills, they are made by Senators and Congressman. Unless there is an overwhelming majority of one party in both houses, then they would have to been voted for by members of both parties. If it gets to the president then he/she either signs the bill or rejects it or if it is the right time of the year can do a pocket veto. As such it cant just be "Bush's bill", the Democrats had to help. Thats why I asked about Kerry since he is the presidential candidate and Kennedy is one of the chief leaders of the Democrats in the Senate. I think that their support or rejection of the bill is definately valid. If they didnt support it. then kudos for them and a point in their favor.

joen00b

Yes | No

I never called it Bush's Bill, I simply stated he is obviously benefitting from it in the gray areas of the Bill. There's nothing stopping Kerry from doing the same thing... except contributors!

Yes | No

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you were referring to Bush having changed the rules for monetary support for re-election.

Yes | No

Originally posted by joen00b
    I never called it Bush's Bill, I simply stated he is obviously benefitting from it in the gray areas of the Bill. There's nothing stopping Kerry from doing the same thing... except contributors!
    Actually, Kerry is benefitting more from the new law than Bush is. There are more registered 527 organizations supporting Kerry than there are supporting Bush. There is also MUCH more money going to Kerry-supporting 527 organizations than Bush-supporting.

In reviewing where the parties get their money, The DNC gets MUCH more money from the wealthy than the RNC. The RNC gets more from individual contributors contributing less than $250.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.