Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the U.S. military brought more chaos and death to Iraq than Saddam Hussein?

PeedeeShaolin

Yes | No

Default Has the U.S. military brought more chaos and death to Iraq than Saddam Hussein?

Like I predicted over 2 years ago we now have civil war just WAITING to explode all over Iraq with the hapless U.S. military unable to do anything but shoot at people who shoot at them and drop the random bomb on the nearest home that might be a "terrorist" training house.

We've seen the media skillfully transform the Iraqis fighting against the Americans into "terrorists" from the "Insurgents" they were and the "Saddam loyalists" they were before that.

So who do you guys think has brought more carnage to Iraq and its people: the U.S. military or Saddam Hussein?

I personally have got to go with the U.S. because things have NEVER been this bad in Iraq as far as I can tell. Bombs going off, policemen dead, Americans AND Iraqis blown up, beheadings. Makes for good TV but doesn't make for good living conditions for the Iraqi people.

Saddam was a nutcase but he was able to do what the Americans cannot: keep control over a bunch of wild muslims that are sitting over a goldmine of oil.

Too bad he proved to be a bit unstable as our surrogate dictator in that region because he was doing a great job when he was our boy wasn't he?

Yes | No

saddam has had a lot more time.

PeedeeShaolin

Yes | No

Very true, I was thinking that. The Americans are very good at what they do so we might be able to top his death toll in 1/8th of the time if we really get cooking down there.

MaverickZ

Yes | No

are we to assume that media coverage during Saddam's regime was the same as it is now?

Yes | No

Default Re: Has the U.S. military brought more chaos and death to Iraq than Saddam Hussein?

Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin

So who do you guys think has brought more carnage to Iraq and its people: the U.S. military or Saddam Hussein?

I personally have got to go with the U.S. because things have NEVER been this bad in Iraq as far as I can tell. Bombs going off, policemen dead, Americans AND Iraqis

You can tell nothing. You are a fucking idiot.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Yes | No

Yet another intelligent post from wacky

I think Saddam was never a problem without America interfering. If Saddam had been allowed to do as he pleased Iraq would be powerful now...but balanced by Israel and their nukes, there's not a whole lot he could or would have done to stir up trouble.

However, if you're going to put down a dog because it bites people, you don't beat the shit out of it and stick it in a cage with no food forever, you actually shoot it, that's the humane thing to do. Iraq was stuck in a cage...that's no solution, sure it may be a painful process of recovery, and things may or may not go sour for the US, but it was a job that had to be done.
    DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS

Phoenix

Yes | No

Unfortunately, the Iraqi people were born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They were fucked, and will continue to be fucked, no matter who's calling the shots in that country.

Yes | No

Iraq has enough oil that if a decent government ever gets into power again, there's no reason they shouldn't have a similar standard of living to America, Canada, or western Europe.
    DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS

Yes | No

Default Re: Re: Has the U.S. military brought more chaos and death to Iraq than Saddam Hussei

Originally posted by wakinonioi
    You can tell nothing. You are a fucking idiot.
    correct

Shogun of Long Island Jenfucius's Avatar

Yes | No

the answer is: i certainly hope so!