Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Authenticity of Bush Memos Questioned

Yes | No

Default Authenticity of Bush Memos Questioned (Updated 9/12/2004)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5955784/

MSNBC and The Washington Post vs CBS and 60 Minutes.

I was watching Hannity and Colmes and they had Gary Killian (son of Lt. Commander Jerry Killian) He said that his father stated George Bush was an excellent aviator and that the documents are fake. (Jerry Killian supposedly signed the documents) Earlier, Killian's wife also told the media the same thing. Retired Marine Colonel Oliver North also told the media that he's written hundreds of military documents around that time and that the one CBS doesn't look like the documents back then. He also believes the documents are fake.

I'm starting to believe they are fake too. I have the pdf files of the documents. Here's the signature differences. The first one is his actual signature. The second one is what appears on the documents.

Last edited by Jo Vale Tudo; 12th September 04 at 03:56 AM.
    I train here: One Kick's Gym - Las Vegas, NV

Me and Rob "The Dutchman" Kaman

katana

Yes | No

Look at this Blog. Pretty suspicious if you ask me:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...uments-_Forged

DJeter1234

Yes | No

""This report was not based solely on recovered documents, but rather on a preponderance of evidence, including documents that were provided by unimpeachable sources, interviews with former Texas National Guard officials and individuals who worked closely back in the early 1970s with Colonel Jerry Killian and were well acquainted with his procedures, his character and his thinking," the statement read.

"In addition, the documents are backed up not only by independent handwriting and forensic document experts but by sources familiar with their content," the statement continued. "Contrary to some rumors, no internal investigation is underway at CBS News nor is one planned." "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in641481.shtml

later in the artical it explains the raised number/type font etc. It also says that profesional signature analyst say the sigs are identical. Are you sure that the "real" signature you have there is real? Not to be picky, but I doubt they'd stick by something as obviouse as that signature if it was that obviosuly a fake

edit: that blog thing is pretty damning if true. I expect this to be straightened out in a week or so.
    Last edited by DJeter1234; 10th September 04 at 09:40 PM.

Yes | No

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...uments-_Forged

This is the original:

This is what he made:

Yes | No

Originally posted by DJeter1234
    ""This report was not based solely on recovered documents, but rather on a preponderance of evidence, including documents that were provided by unimpeachable sources, interviews with former Texas National Guard officials and individuals who worked closely back in the early 1970s with Colonel Jerry Killian and were well acquainted with his procedures, his character and his thinking," the statement read.

"In addition, the documents are backed up not only by independent handwriting and forensic document experts but by sources familiar with their content," the statement continued. "Contrary to some rumors, no internal investigation is underway at CBS News nor is one planned." "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in641481.shtml

later in the artical it explains the raised number/type font etc. It also says that profesional signature analyst say the sigs are identical. Are you sure that the "real" signature you have there is real? Not to be picky, but I doubt they'd stick by something as obviouse as that signature if it was that obviosuly a fake

edit: that blog thing is pretty damning if true. I expect this to be straightened out in a week or so.
    Yes I've read these claims. But I am paying more attention to Killian's family members, former soldiers and evidence I can actually evaluate myself. I haven't made a conclusion that they're fake or real yet, but right now with what I know I am starting to believe they are indeed fake. And yes, that signature is real.

DJeter1234

Yes | No

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/10/34914/1603

at least this explains how they match up exactly and gives so new ecidence. I'm still reading it, actually. whadya think?

Yes | No

Very very interesting. I'm still weighing out the facts and proofs as I get more information. President Bush himself said he wanted all his military records released to the public, which is a good sign. Still from what I know as of right now, I still lean towards the fact that they're fake documents... we'll keep each other updated in this post. :)

katana

Yes | No

I'm still waiting for Kerry to release the rest of his records BTW.

It's silly that this whole debate is even going on. Kerry was a complete moron for wrapping himself up in his Vietnam service instead of focusing on his congressional record.

Yes | No

I agree I have said that before Kerry is an idiot for continuing to stir up the Vietnam issue, but he isnt exactly the best and the brightest.

Yes | No

Yeah, some of Kerry's records are on his site but not all. I'm not as concerned about him and Vietnam as I am his congressional records. I think like he served honorably when he was there. When he came back, he protested against the war and threw away his medals, which I didn't agree with, but come on that's like 35 years ago. He was younger and less mature. Still, I'd like to hear more in his speeches which are mostly occupied by three things: "I'm not Bush" "I was in Vietnam" "Bush is bad"

These documents could very well be an attack from the left just to even things out cause the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth attacked Kerry's own record. Just my suspicions though.
    Last edited by Jo Vale Tudo; 10th September 04 at 11:23 PM.