Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush speech.

Dochter

Yes | No

Default Bush speech.

While Clinton was (correctly) blasted for attempting to redefine "a" and "the", there is something a little disconcerting about a president who has to use the word he is attempting to define, in the definition.

Given that a president has to clearly communicate with foreign leaders, the american people and congress he damn well ought to be able to form a point clearer than demonstrated here:
    http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1525

Despite the importance of "relating to the common folk", the president should at least be smarter than them.

The fact that you can hear the audience laughing in the background is, well, sad.

Here's the kicker:
    Some of you people voted for this imbecile.

(I trust that is enough commentary for the link).

Zendetta

Yes | No

Tell it like it is, brudda.

NHB_Ben

Yes | No

Our president is a "C" student.

But... um... what was it again? Oh, right. He follows through with doing the wrong thing and surrounds himself with people who are smarter than him (but he doesn't listen to them anyhow: rice, powell).

Yes | No

This is what I've been saying all along. Bush is clearly not the man to be in charge of this great country! This is just the tip of the iceberg though, he's sounded even worse in other clips. The only answer the republicans can give you on this Doc is....... yeah, well he surrounds himself with smart people. That shite is weak!!

What was Kerry's grade average again?

Yes | No

actually, isn't he getting rid of Cheney? Dun-Dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    "You see, parents today don't have the time to be bothered by things like supervising their kids and teaching them right from wrong, so what we as a society need to do is ban everything objectionable." -Maddox

Beatdown Richie

Yes | No

Not if Cheney has a word to say in the matter.

And yes, Bush's clip is horrible. Although it's kinda encouraging -if someone like that can make it in politics, it's not too late for me. I'm not a great orator by any means, but I can definitely beat THAT!

Yes | No

Originally posted by Beatdown Richie
    Not if Cheney has a word to say in the matter.

And yes, Bush's clip is horrible. Although it's kinda encouraging -if someone like that can make it in politics, it's not too late for me. I'm not a great orator by any means, but I can definitely beat THAT!
    Yep, he's an inspiration to all of us. Even with my limited cognative skills and speech pathologies, there is hope that I can make a good living in this country.

Dochter

Yes | No

A little nepotism doesn't hurt either.

Yes | No

It's scary. When asked what he thought of the containment policy (anti commie set up by Truman bla bla bla) he said, "The containment policy doesn't hold water." Sadly, he wasn't joking. The author of Bush on the Couch said that some people 'get it' that Bush/Couch is a metaphor of analyzing the pres. A few others look at him puzzled and say, "Was Bush on your couch?" GW Bush is one of those few.

As a nation, some of us know this and are scared and sickened. Others are enablers, just like enablers in a family of an alky or sexual abuser. It is sick.

He comes from a real fucked up disfunctional family. Trying to follow daddy's footsteps (Jock, handsome, college whiz, brave combat vet) he looked like a wimp. He's way out of his league and actually really doesn't function up to par.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 18th August 04 at 07:37 PM.

bushi51

Yes | No

Thats my Prez.