Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli military opens fire on crowds in Gaza

PeedeeShaolin

Yes | No

Default Israeli military opens fire on crowds in Gaza

At a protest today in Rafah the Israeli military opened fire on the crowd wouding at least 60 and killing at least 10 although the numbers are not yet fully known.

Tanks and a helicopter opened fire as "warning shots".

Vice President Bush immediately went red in the face and President Cheney took time away from counting all that Haliburton green to whip up a statement from the corporate writers in the White House that demanded restraint from everyone involved and demanding clarification from Israel.

This story is front page for the entire world except in the U.S. Things have gotten so bad that Arafat wants international observers in his country to protect his people.

Reuters news agency quoted the UN special human rights envoy in the Palestinian territories, John Dugard, as saying that the strikes were "war crimes" and amounted to collective punishment violating humanitarian and international human rights law.
    The demonstration was in response to the Israeli army's operations in Rafah, which have been the most violent in Gaza since Israeli occupied it. So far there are over 100 Palestinains wounded and at least 34 dead. No Israeli casualties have been reported.

If you have some understanding of how the Nazis operated in the Warsaw ghetto this should give you shivers:
    The bloodshed came shortly after reports that thousands of Tel Sultan residents had complied with an Israeli demand that they surrender.

Twenty-four Palestinians have already died in Tel Sultan during an operation dubbed "Operation Rainbow" by the Israeli army.

Soldiers had called on loudspeakers for all males aged 16 or over to come out carrying white flags or risk the demolition of their family homes.

Israeli commanders later told journalists they only wanted militants to come out.

Israeli actions have raised an international outcry after army chief Lt Gen Moshe Yaalon said troops would flatten rows of homes in Rafah camp to widen a patrol road along the border with Egypt.

Palestinian militants are active in the area, and seven Israeli soldiers were killed nearby in ambushes last week.
    [img] http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...rap203body.jpg[/img]

This is even more serious than Iraq because it could potentially drag other countries into the fight. You can read all about it here as well as fibd links to the more recent happenings that the lousy American press is ignoring.

WingChun Lawyer

Yes | No

I read something about it. Itīs about time those israeli helicopter pilots went on strike again.

Yes | No

I can't believe I am saying this:
    Old News.

PeedeeShaolin

Yes | No

I can't believe you're saying that either, considering it was posted on the 19th and it happened on the 19th. Blownin.

Yes | No

its happening because the israelis know that the US is in no position to criticize them ...
    totoro-san ... world sushi munching champion ...

Deluxe247

Yes | No

Owned

LOVED2BLOVED

Yes | No

trouble in the middle east?

Yes | No

yeah, yawn... Using my and your taxes to murder children and insure the fulfilling of the Mormon, Hopi and Biblical prophecies of the coming Armageddon? Who cares, life sucks anyway, right? Anyway, it can't happen here, It canít happen here. Iím telling you, my dear. That it canít happen here, It canít happen here, Iím telling you, my dear that it canít happen here. Because I been checkiní it out, baby, I checked it out a couple a times, hmmmmmmmm

Mr_Mantis

Yes | No

I think that we should treat the Palestinians like they treated us on September 11, 2001.

PARTY DOWN!!!!!

http://www.gamla.org.il/english/feature/cel.htm
    http://www.yesha.org.il/islam.htm

Yes | No

That will show them. Let's sink to the lowest level possible.

So who wants to shoot the children? Hurry and sign up.

Here's a dead one, happy now?