Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF? Bush wasn't lying after all?

Yes | No

Default WTF? Bush wasn't lying after all?

Looks like Pres. Bush wasn't lying about Iraq's WMD's after all.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/2004/...d-670120.shtml

The Wastrel

Yes | No

Reading is FUNdamental.

WingChun Lawyer

Yes | No

First they say this:

"In virtually every case - chemical, biological, nuclear and ballistic missiles - the United States has found the weapons and the programs that the Iraqi dictator successfully concealed for 12 years from U.N. weapons inspectors."

Then they say this:

"There is a long list of charges made by the U.S. that have been confirmed, but none of this seems to mean anything because the weapons that were unaccounted for by the United Nations remain unaccounted for."

Yes | No

Kay's quotes seem to not agree with other stuff he's said.

garbanzo

Yes | No

If I understand the article correctly, it claims that the Bush adminstration was not lying
    when it claimed Iraq had WMD, but rather, that they are covering of the fact that they have
    found them.

Hmmm.

Yes | No

I think what the article is saying is that Bush administration is largely correct in their position that Iraq had WMD and had violated relevent UN resolutions but is unable to provide the smoking gun.

Nothing new here....

Yes | No

It seems Bush has some common scence.

Yes | No

lol, if you believe that crap. Bush has no proof nor did he EVER have proof!! Get it?

Ex-ATA and Proud of it. Bolverk's Avatar

Yes | No

Gee, are we all reading the same article?

My interpretation is that the chemicals that were found were both precursors and some of the actual chemical agents. However, because it does not fit into the story line the press is selling, it is not reported. And that the ISG is also being a bit ignorant or evasive in claiming that precursors that are found are pesticides only, even though they are being found in obvious military locations and being protected in bunkers.

Perhaps the author and others are correct in saying that these finds are not sensational enough, and that is why they are not being reported for what they truly are.
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Phoenix

Yes | No

Oh, I get it.

So, by that rationale, if I have chemicals in my garage/household that can be POTENTALLY used to make a weapon of some sorts, like say...chlorine bleach and ammonia, does that mean that the cops have the right to bust into my house and start some shit?

By the way, chlorine bleach and ammonia combined forms phosgene gas - a chemical weapon used by Saddam Hussein during the Gulf War.

Point being, just because the pieces are there, it doesn't necessarily follow that they fit.